Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Is killing *too* easy?
funkwagen Offline

Threads: 1
Is killing *too* easy?

Maybe it's just me, but...

Spoiler below!
...killing dogs was far too easy. I just jumped on a barrel or box, waited for the dog to come, and smacked it on the nose with the pick axe. No need to sneak around, lure them into storage containers, blow them up, or steam them in cages.

I even felt like I was cheating after a while so I tried some of the other more 'creative' ways of killing them, but that became tedious -- and even more so because I knew I could just hop on a barrel and swipe at them.

It was actually somewhat comical towards the end there, as I'd simply pick up a barrel and walk confidently through the corridors until I came upon a dog. When I heard it growl, I'd quickly slide the barrel into the corner, hop on top, and the dog would be dead in flash.

Like I said, is it just me?
04-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Find
Willbreaker Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Is killing *too* easy?

No, the combat in this game is very easy. You are not special.

/Breaker
04-25-2007, 05:02 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

It's easy to beat enemies in Easy and Normal difficulties, but when you play with Hard it took only two bites by Dog and you're dead. That's what I've heard...

(This post was last modified: 04-30-2007, 11:28 PM by Ano.)
04-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Website Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20

when you hit them down adn keep bashing they stay down
its not you, its just easy :p

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
04-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Find
banj007 Offline

Threads: 10

Very easy combat, even on hard, everyone can do it
05-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Website Find
Ran Offline

Threads: 1

Hm, i suppose i was the only one who couldn't kill the dogs... I jumped up on the rail just after you see the second dog (when you open the gate), and hit the dog maybe twenty times with my pickaxe, but the dog wouldn't die, just lay still for a second, run away, and then attack me again.
I did however manage to kill a dog using the steam cages. But i reloaded a previous game. So, i've played trought the whole game on hard without being spotted more than two-three times ^^
08-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Combat right on is VERY hard in Penumbra, but if you know how to do it or use ugly tricks its really easy. Jumping up on a box I've never tried, and if the dog can't hit you nor did the programmers.
I usually smack em with a rock, then hit them over and over with any weapon. This makes them fall just as they get up again, so its easy, but if I'd miss just once it whould be up and bite tounge off.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
08-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

funkwagen Wrote:Maybe it's just me, but...

Spoiler below!
...killing dogs was far too easy. I just jumped on a barrel or box, waited for the dog to come, and smacked it on the nose with the pick axe. No need to sneak around, lure them into storage containers, blow them up, or steam them in cages.

I even felt like I was cheating after a while so I tried some of the other more 'creative' ways of killing them, but that became tedious -- and even more so because I knew I could just hop on a barrel and swipe at them.

It was actually somewhat comical towards the end there, as I'd simply pick up a barrel and walk confidently through the corridors until I came upon a dog. When I heard it growl, I'd quickly slide the barrel into the corner, hop on top, and the dog would be dead in flash.

Like I said, is it just me?
its a little bit too easy.
09-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Find