Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Scary monsters from movies.
Frost Offline

Threads: 8
Scary monsters from movies.

Any memorable monsters or scenes from movies that just creeped you out?

The Pale Man from Pan's Labyrinth really freaked me out the first time I watched it. Now that it's one of my favorite movies and have watched it several times, it doesn't creep me out at all anymore.

I watched a marathon of the old Amityville Horror movies when I was young, and what scared me the most were those goddamn glowing red eyes in the distance in every movie. I'll never get used to those. Lame, I know.
08-05-2011, 09:29 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
RE: Scary monsters from movies.

The Case of Charles Dexter Ward movie has the most disturbing images for me.

08-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Well it's not a movie but almost all of the pictures from scary stories to tell in the dark scared the absolute SHIT out of me and still do to this day. I don't remember the name of the story but there was this one story from that book thats picture is some lady with her lips ripped off with 2 massive holes for eyes and pale yellow skin. It's probably the culprit for my insomnia in 3rd grade...

Posting Freak
08-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Website Find
Xanatos Offline

Threads: 5

From movies? The only creature that comes to mind is the Creeper from the Jeepers Creepers films. I'm actually looking forward to battling that thing with my new katana now.

If fate frowns, we all perish.
Do not fear the darkness, but welcome its embrace.
08-06-2011, 06:04 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

(08-05-2011, 09:29 PM)Frost Wrote: I watched a marathon of the old Amityville Horror movies when I was young, and what scared me the most were those goddamn glowing red eyes in the distance in every movie. I'll never get used to those. Lame, I know.

Don't feel bad on that one; they scared the shit out of me too. Just thinking about them later while lying in bed in the dark would make me want to hide my head under the blankets so I couldn't see anything that might have been looking through at me through the window.

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
08-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Find
Frost Offline

Threads: 8

fffffff YES I agree with the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Those books were for children and the artist was way too good with his illustrations. I don't remember much about any of the stories, but there was one where there was a drawing of a dark figure outside a window that freaked me out.

And trying to sleep after watching Amityville Horrors... with four very large windows with no curtains... :c Glad I'm not the only one.

I also remembered something else, but... I'm cheating, it's from a videogame. I was very young when we had our NES, and there was this game called Taboo: The Dark Descent The Sixth Sense. It was just a tarot card game, but it was really creepy with the music and images it had.

One time I had gotten the Devil.
Spoiler below!
[Image: 53252.jpg]
I freaked out, I was only just a kid. As with anything else, I had trouble sleeping...
08-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-06-2011, 04:26 PM)Frost Wrote: fffffff YES I agree with the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Those books were for children and the artist was way too good with his illustrations. I don't remember much about any of the stories, but there was one where there was a drawing of a dark figure outside a window that Freaked me out.

ahhh yes I remember that one. It was silhouette of a guy in the mist with bright yellow eyes, that one terrified me too... And the funny thing about that book is I remember reading on the inner flap of it that it was meant for kids 10 and up, yet everyone I knew that read it was 8 when they read it because it was in the kids section of our library and they had no idea how shit your pants scary it is. And i must say who ever decided to put it in that section must either be a complete idiot or hate kids XD great book though thinking back on it now.

Posting Freak
08-07-2011, 04:54 AM
Website Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

Nobody has mentioned The Thing???? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084787/

[Image: th_thing_palmer08.jpg]
08-07-2011, 05:47 PM
Find
Jakob Rosenblatt Offline

Threads: 9

Rubber Johnny (very scary!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6W9Ko9VlQ
08-07-2011, 11:06 PM
Find
evertuy Offline

Threads: 9

Disappearance on 7th street

I thought it was an okay movie, good production values etc,

But the plot scared me the most.

When "CROATOAN" was etched into the pavement, I shat my pants.

Sucky sucky 5 grand?
08-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Find