Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ropes
Selyp Offline

Threads: 19
Ropes

Has anyone messed around with ropes at all? I am working on making a place where the player can use a rope, which actually turned out pretty well. Was just wondering if anyone knew

A.) If there is a way to change the sound of the footsteps from a ladder area without the mod being a total conversion.

B.) If anyone knew how to use RopeAreas to make the rope visible.

Atlantia - An Amnesia: The Dark Descent Full Conversion Mod
08-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Find
Selyp Offline

RE: Ropes

Well figured out how to set the rope to visible, but does anyone know if they can be inactive and set to active once the player uses an item. I am using a SetEntityActive function, but ropes seem to be a bit different, as in they don't disappear even when inactive.

08-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Find
MrBigzy Offline

Threads: 18

I tried this in the past too, there doesn't seem to be anyway of doing it :V

If you're trying to, say, cut a rope, all I can think of is putting two ropes together to act like one, set them to connect, and then break the connection.
08-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Find
Selyp Offline

Trying to make it so you can use a rope item, then use it to climb up. Doesn't seem possible with SetEntityActive, but I have another idea, I'll let you guys know if it works

08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Find