Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for all the script master
zecuro Offline

Threads: 33
for all the script master

hey guy i need a script that when i walk at a certain place i hear a crawling sound behind me or something like and the camera is turning fast to look behind and at the same time there a wind that blow out the candle in the way that would be awesome for you pro out there
zecuro

custum storyTongueriest
08-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
RE: for all the script master

You're not even going to attempt it are you? You expect one of us to take time out of our day to create a working script for you; someone we don't know, is obviously lazy, and will probably ask for more ungratefully.

The world doesn't work that way buddy. We are not here to cater to your needs. You need to show some effort if you want help.

08-10-2011, 09:16 PM
Find
GreyFox Offline

Threads: 23

xiphirx I'm gonna help him. it's not like hes just going to keep doing it over and over. if he's a basic script writer than it's alright... (i guess) But yes Atleast attempt it next time.

This is a pretty standard version of it. I'm a very basic script writer aswell but I did it aswell. and you can tweak this all you want. and oh yea i made it so it's just a noise of a grunt (I didn't wanna search for any crawling sounds)

hopefully you'll appriacte this. but don't expect someone to do this again.

////////////////////////////
// Run first time starting map
void OnStart()
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "Trigger", "CollideTrigger", true, 1);
}

void CollideTrigger(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
PlaySoundAtEntity("Noise1", "grunt/notice.snt", "castle_1", 0, false);
StartPlayerLookAt("castle_1", 5, 10, "ParticleSystem1");
AddTimer("StopLooking", 5, "StopLooking");
AddTimer("Wind", 0.5, "Wind");
}

void StopLooking(string &in asTimer)
{
StopPlayerLookAt();
}

void Wind(string &in asTimer)
{
CreateParticleSystemAtEntity("wind", "ps_dust_whirl_large.ps", "castle_1", true);
}

The Particle system isn't to great either I could get just a normal dust_push to show up so i had to use this one. If'd you like I can post a video of it in action. (rememebr the more time you spend on it the better it'll get I spent about 10 minutes on this.)

-Grey Fox

Current Project
Forgotten
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2011, 09:35 PM by GreyFox.)
08-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

GreyFox, you're not helping him, you're doing it for him. It would be help if he at least started it and told us he was stuck on a certain part, for example.

08-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Totally agree with xiphirx. If you don't feel like scripting you have two chances:

-Find someone who can do it for you AND give him credit in your mod for that.
-Start learning from yourself which can be done by severall ways, the one I least recommend is over the internet for you will learn nothing else than to copy someone else.

Good luck with your mod or w.e.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
08-10-2011, 09:53 PM
Find
GreyFox Offline

Threads: 23

I Apologize, But Now he has a Base to start off on. But really zecuro if you don't know how to do it. then you should start off a little more basic. For example when me and my friend started our custom story he wanted to do some crazy shit. we then started off very basic and over time we started doing the stuff he wanted to do in the beginning

-Grey Fox

Current Project
Forgotten
08-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Find
zecuro Offline

(08-10-2011, 10:00 PM)GreyFox Wrote: I Apologize, But Now he has a Base to start off on. But really zecuro if you don't know how to do it. then you should start off a little more basic. For example when me and my friend started our custom story he wanted to do some crazy shit. we then started off very basic and over time we started doing the stuff he wanted to do in the beginning

-Grey Fox

well look like we can't ask for help without really offend anybody.....greyfox thanks a lot for your help reall..... its not like i din't try it but man evertytime i tried come up with something a error appear so well now i'm pretty good with all the other stuff lights system and creating enviroment but i di'nt really took the time to know it all on script well thanks for everything and xiphirx well no offence but don't call me lazy dude that not fair you know creating map for a amnesia game its not all i do in one day you know i got a kid at home to raise so creating map and custom story its just a hobby for me cuz the game was just to much..its the best game i've played so far well that it for this thanks a lot everybody

custom storyTongueriest
will work harder next time before asking help
sorry for my bad english
08-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Find
nemesis567 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 65

Working around without stable basis of knowledge is the same as trying to find water in the desert without experience. So, my advice to you is:
-Read any tutorials you find(Bad Source but it's best than none).
-Listen to what other people tell you and the mistakes then fix for you.
-Go mess around with the code and start trying out new things.
-Write a lot of code and check the original game files.

Be sure of:

-What people tell you is not always right.
-Tutorials will teach you how to script one thing, not how to become a scripter.
-Experience is what will turn you into a good scripter if you put enough effort into scripting.

Most important:

Do not be afraid to ask help. I don't think you offended anyone, but sometimes people go around messing with what they don't know how to and instead of searching on the forums or learning the basis(ur case) they go around posting and asking others to do the work for them. Trust me, that won't take you anywhere.

Again, Good Luck.

PS: A title must be informative and contain a nice ammount of information in the less ammount of words, being short and descriptive. Yours fail in both, I hate when I see a thread directed to a specific class and even more when that class is not the one that adapts to the thread.

Today I dreamt the life I could live forever. You only know that when you feel it for you know not what you like until you've experienced it.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2011, 03:44 AM by nemesis567.)
08-11-2011, 03:31 AM
Find
zecuro Offline

(08-11-2011, 03:31 AM)nemesis567 Wrote: Working around without stable basis of knowledge is the same as trying to find water in the desert without experience. So, my advice to you is:
-Read any tutorials you find(Bad Source but it's best than none).
-Listen to what other people tell you and the mistakes then fix for you.
-Go mess around with the code and start trying out new things.
-Write a lot of code and check the original game files.

Be sure of:

-What people tell you is not always right.
-Tutorials will teach you how to script one thing, not how to become a scripter.
-Experience is what will turn you into a good scripter if you put enough effort into scripting.

Most important:

Do not be afraid to ask help. I don't think you offended anyone, but sometimes people go around messing with what they don't know how to and instead of searching on the forums or learning the basis(ur case) they go around posting and asking others to do the work for them. Trust me, that won't take you anywhere.

Again, Good Luck.

PS: A title must be informative and contain a nice ammount of information in the less ammount of words, being short and descriptive. Yours fail in both, I hate when I see a thread directed to a specific class and even more when that class is not the one that adapts to the thread.
thanks i'll definetly will try to work more on the script before askin help

08-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Find