Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Unlocking the Sewer in Amnesia: The Dark Descent
deathrider Offline

Threads: 1
Unlocking the Sewer in Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Okay, so I'm playing Amnesia and I ran into a problem -- I can't get to the Sewers. Whenever I try to go down, the water gets too deep and some text comes up on the screen and says that I can't go any further down the stairs.

I'm in the Cistern area.
I've been in every room in this area, all of the puzzles have been solved (as far as I know).
I went into the Control Room and readjusted all of the weights and mirrored them to the ones across the room, then went into the back room and placed the pipes where they should be and adjusted the levers to the "down, up, up, down" sequence.
I went into the Morgue and drilled a hole into the dead guy's head and placed the needle there, and left the room after the Brute did.
In the actual Cistern room, I threw a rock at the bridge and it fell down so I crossed it and turned the valve.
Now here's my problem. I'm playing this game on my brother's account at his house, and I don't know if he didn't turn all of the valves the right way or not, but I remember him going past those steam pipes and turning the valves there and screwing with the valves and levers in that whole room. I just tried crossing again but the steam pipes won't stop even for a second and I've been sitting here waiting for god knows how long.

I've double checked everything and I don't know what I could be missing. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance. (:
08-14-2011, 07:14 AM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Unlocking the Sewer in Amnesia: The Dark Descent

In the "actual" cistern, there are 4 different valves (to the best I can remember). You need to turn all of them the whole way (they only turn one way), and you'll know they've been turned fully by a sudden gush of wind near you every time.

The steam requires a little timing, but it does stop after a few seconds. You need to ran past VERY quickly before they come back on. Their is a valve to turn the steam off, so on your way back you wont need to run past them.
Hope that helped.
08-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Find
deathrider Offline

Threads: 1

(08-14-2011, 11:11 AM)BendyBread Wrote: In the "actual" cistern, there are 4 different valves (to the best I can remember). You need to turn all of them the whole way (they only turn one way), and you'll know they've been turned fully by a sudden gush of wind near you every time.

The steam requires a little timing, but it does stop after a few seconds. You need to ran past VERY quickly before they come back on. Their is a valve to turn the steam off, so on your way back you wont need to run past them.
Hope that helped.

The steam never stopped, I stood there for a few minutes and it didn't stop at all. I think I glitched the game.. D:
08-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Find
BendyBread Offline

Threads: 2

(08-14-2011, 04:40 PM)deathrider Wrote:
(08-14-2011, 11:11 AM)BendyBread Wrote: In the "actual" cistern, there are 4 different valves (to the best I can remember). You need to turn all of them the whole way (they only turn one way), and you'll know they've been turned fully by a sudden gush of wind near you every time.

Hope that helped.

The steam never stopped, I stood there for a few minutes and it didn't stop at all. I think I glitched the game.. D:
If possible, just run straight through it, hoping you dont die.
08-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Find