Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra in Sims 3
Frost Offline

Threads: 8
RE: Penumbra in Sims 3

Four days? I think it took my sim two days. It's been a while, so I don't exactly remember. I just left him there while I killed off the rest of his family, haha...
My plan at one point was to have a family of all the different ghosts possible. I had most of them except for the electrocuted ghost, which I thought looked the coolest besides the fiery one. From what I remember I had... needs, old age, fire, drowning... I think that's it. I just looked up all the ways Sims could die, and dying from a meteor is from an expansion I don't have! D: Sounds so awesome, haha.

I think he was Unlucky and a Loser... oops. :c Buuut I think killing off my sims was the most fun I've ever had in the game. xD

Philip/Clarence worked well! Do they have a lot of interaction in-game?
09-21-2011, 07:38 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Threads: 13

Meteor is from Ambitions, and it's so cool. Ignore what you may read online about it being rare - I've had it happen several times already. One poor sim had five flung at him within a single sim day. My friend Jikkuri put it best: when the game decides that your sim is going to die by meteor, then damn it, your sim is gonig to die by meteor! XD

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMINX73FfwM

Killing sims is fun. *evil grin*

Phillip and Clarence pretty much ignore each other actually, unless they happen to be sitting at the table eating at the same time.

And I changed Phillip and Clarence's hair. Here it is before...

[Image: Screenshot-121.jpg]

and after.

[Image: Screenshot-122.jpg]

I guess he realized I was taking his picture, so he decided to smirk for the camera. XD

What has been seen, cannot be unseen.
09-21-2011, 08:34 AM
Find
Frost Offline

I stopped playing shortly after I got the World Adventures expansion, I never did much in it. I guess you can die from a mummy's curse or something.
Haha, five in one day? Did one eventually kill him?
That video just sent me into a pit of related videos and I somehow discovered that "ghost babies" exist... o_o

The hair looks much better! I've always had difficulties finding the right shade of blonde in video games/drawing.
09-22-2011, 06:13 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

*pokes* Play some more! XDDD And yes, you can. But if you get a snake basket and practice, practice, practice until you can kiss the snake on the nose, you'll be cured.

No, the lucky bastard survived - and then made a killing off the space rocks he collected.

Yes, ghost babies can happen - with a living parent and a dead one no less.

It took a bit of fiddling to get the right shade too. XD

A couple more pics before I crash for the night. First is poor Red trying to eat while Eminiss and Amabel complain abouthis presence. Just before I took the screencap, Eminiss was acting like something nasty smelling was in the room.

[Image: Screenshot-136.jpg]

Clarence's really evil looking smile. I have a video cap of him stealing candy from a toddler on a community lot, but Photobucket suffers an error whenever I try to upload it. I also have a video of Eminiss getting nailed by the steam trap, but again it won't load.

[Image: Screenshot-147.jpg]

Why in the hell is Red putting the dirty laundry all the way down there? Where only he can go?

[Image: Screenshot-129.jpg]

And Howard finally came back out. He and Red shared a meal and a chat, and then they both went to bed: Red in one of the bed's in the infirmary's main room, Howard on the exam table. I keep hoping I can get the Oh My Ghost! opportunity again and make Howard a controllable ghost as well.

[Image: Screenshot-144.jpg]

09-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Find
Frost Offline

I'm in college and I didn't bring my Sims 3 disc with me... :c

I imagine Red would smell horrible. xD

Clarence's eyebrows are eating his eyeballs...

WHO LEFT THE MAC AND CHEESE ON THE FLOOR
09-22-2011, 08:46 PM
Find
eiahmon Offline

That sucks, Frost. Sad Ask your folks to mail it to you or something. XDD

And Red left the mac and cheese on teh floor, since Howard had been standing in front of the counter, so he couldn't set it there.

Playtesting continues. I had already handed the file over to Jikkuri for her to try out, but something had gone wrong when the game packaged the file, which caused the lot to not show up on the bin after installation. I repacked the lot and sent it over, so hopefully it will work this time.

And while I was doing that I showed her the above screencap of Eminiss and Amabel griping about Red, and she chimed in: "Guy on the left 'Oh what the fuck is this!'", so I quickly added "Chick on the right 'Oh HELL no!'" And well....

[Image: Screenshot-136-1.jpg]

XDDD

(This post was last modified: 09-23-2011, 08:22 AM by eiahmon.)
09-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Find
frawst Offline

Threads: 5

(08-17-2011, 01:42 AM)Frost Wrote: This looks awesome! Are you going to recreate more areas?
im sorry but your name reminds me too much of somebody I know. Also - your account was created in my birth month. Freaky.

09-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Website Find
Frost Offline

(09-23-2011, 07:12 PM)frawst Wrote:
(08-17-2011, 01:42 AM)Frost Wrote: This looks awesome! Are you going to recreate more areas?
im sorry but your name reminds me too much of somebody I know. Also - your account was created in my birth month. Freaky.
Probably could have just sent me a message.
Somebody you know=your username...? I just chose this name because it's one of my favorite words. :/

On topic--
I hope it works for your friend! I wonder if the sims will do much different things for her, I'm curious about that.
Red: Haters gonna hate. Cool
He does look like he's smirking.

09-24-2011, 12:14 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Jik's second attempt to get the lot didn't work at all; the game blocked the installation claiming she needed to update her game. The head scratcher in this is that she has the same expansions and patches as I do, so there should have been no reason to stop the installation. We're working on the problem. Hopefully, it's an easy fix and not something catastrophically wrong with my game.

09-24-2011, 05:16 AM
Find
eiahmon Offline

Jik and I are still scratching our heads trying to figure out what's up with the lot, or if it's the lot at all. I'm seriously beginning to wonder if her game is screwed up. Of course, it could be my game as well, but I don't know of anyone that has all the packs - the lot requires all four available expansion packs and four of the five available stuff packs - to test. The lot is running smmoothly for me, and if I can get an answer - and a solution if one is neccesary - to this issue, I can release it.

(This post was last modified: 10-01-2011, 06:53 AM by eiahmon.)
10-01-2011, 06:52 AM
Find