Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Ray Of Hope
GoDl1Kelol Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Ray Of Hope - BETA RELEASED

Okay, you're gonna think me an arse but I'm trying to be honest. There are so many things in this that put me off. Firstly, you're not English, I reckon, so check your spelling more carefully. I saw at least 3 typos in there.Secondly, the voice acting can not be taken seriously at all which I can see is what it's aiming for. I simply turned my volume down at the area where it forces you to listen to it and waited it out. Thirdly, the player has absolutely NO idea what he's supposed to do.
Spoiler below!
I couldn't have found that key on the rock even if my life depended on it. I got my jar filled up and warmed up and I had no idea what to do next. The notes didn't have any info on that either. I went to the corpses area but I couldn't use it anywhere, mainly cause I was dropping on the floor all the time so add some mementos which should remove so much frustration. I also saw loads of flickering walls, at least 1 in every room there is, so you can work on that.If someone told me what I'm supposed to do with that jar I'd go ahead and finish it too.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2011, 08:13 PM by GoDl1Kelol.)
08-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

Loads of flickering walls ? That's my problem, sorry about that. Also, about the typo thingy. I was supposed to spell check it but Elven offended me by stating that "fixing typos isn't a big thing" so I refused to spell check and Elven threw some sort of a spell check together.
08-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Find
GoDl1Kelol Offline

You can't possibly make the player read like 5 pages of notes and leave in a few typos. I can see this is going in the direction of being a tad too serious and that's really pulling you out of it.I didn't read them anyway so my only concerns are really the mementos and the voice acting. Other than that I must say the levels look mighty fine. A carpet in the corridor after the dream at the beginning was like inside the wall and when you were being dragged my screen was simply spazming all over the place for some reason. Apart from that and the walls I must say you did a pretty nice job with the levels.

P.S. someone tell me what I'm supposed to do with the jar so I go back in there and finish it

EDIT:
Oh and another thing that simply drove me to the extent of facepalming was opening the script file and reading all that "MADAFAKA COOL EPIC SHIET XDXD!!!! Big GrinDDD" stuff in there.
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2011, 04:33 PM by GoDl1Kelol.)
08-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

"MADAFAKA COOL EPIC SHIET XDXD" whaaaat ? Care to explain bit more ? I'm not that involved with this custom story, other than making maps for it.
08-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Find
GoDl1Kelol Offline

The scripter put explanations next to every key area some of which involved loads of caps and smileys.Here's a few

"THE BEST EVENT EVAAAH STARTS HEERREEEE Big Grin : D : D : D : D : D : D : D : D : D Big GrinDDD *ULTIMATE EXCITEMENT!* (says I can't post this much images so I put spaces)
DONT YA DARE TO PUT A PEEK HERE ; )! THIS IS TOO AWESOME TO BE SPOILED : D"
"REAL SHIT STARTS HERE!!!"
"AddEntityCollideCallback("Player", "LITITWITHFIREMOTHAFUCKAH", "LITITWITHFIREMOTHAFUCKAH", false, 1);
"MOST EPIC THING IN THIS DUCKLING WORLD Big GrinDD!!!"
[Image: what_the_fuck_am_i_reading_copy_142.jpg]basically
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2011, 04:55 PM by GoDl1Kelol.)
08-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Okay, when Elven comes online I will have some talking to do with him.
08-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

FOR MOTHER of DUCKLING DOG, PLEASE USE SPOILER!

Spoiler below!
This is none of your fucking business what I write into scripts ^^. They are stuff to keep me entertained, to make me understand where is what. This is seriously none of your business how I do it, that I used language in some scripts, that I wrote emotional notes when I was excited or so. You have no right to offend me with my scripting style. Only reason why you might watch script is to get spoiled or so called "cheat", what is none of my business and you have no right to offend me. I was seriously offended with that right now.

Secondly, since you just said that you really didn't read any notes, that takes ALL the rights away about comments of the guiding. I had receipt in there, what said what you exactly need. There was note saying that this machine is to make knife sharps. If you combined red orb with rusty knife, it said that knife isn't rusty at all. If you combined water with dust, it said that water isn't boiling at all and it wont dissolve. Everything else is for player natural thinking how they are doing it. Including using bucket on the bodies. I am sure it was written in note "I need you to get rid of these bodies"?

Mapping textures are indeed problem of arvutis, but he did pretty good job and it is beta.

I am sorrrrr~~~~y about the voice acting, everyone have their own way of talking. You, me, English talking people and so on. Maybe Louis was emotionally so fucked that he couldn't show emotion in many places? We have those voice actors who we are. We aren't fucking Hollywood who has 10 millions to spend to get some celebrity act for us with epic microphone.

You found few typos Big Grin? Wow, I must Louis and everyone did pretty well, considering they are in fucked up place where are fucking loads of monsters WHO ARE KILLING PEOPLE IN FRONT OF YOU... Yeah, they did it pretty well. Or was these typos only in Jim notes? Because other ones (except diaries) was scanned by my friend who is canadian and does fucking good spell work. So few typos is natural. We are 2 Estonian after all ^^.

Only thing what I can be truly of was that key on the rock. But as I put that already in spoiler, and apologized, it is done and past. Nothing more to say.

Yay, w00t way to go and ruin my first scripting cs and well, our first custom story all together ^^

This is heavy spoiler alert. Please do not read it before you have finished story, thanks!
bad news. Seems that moddb fucked up our download and it was bugged. I resent fail and it wants authorization again. Sux, but this is fact. So we replaces opening post with old download link Smile. Works as well! Only sad thing is that we dont get statistics via that, but it is ok. Enjoy Big Grin!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2011, 06:28 PM by Elven.)
08-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38

Really cool Story Smile I was stuck in the...
Spoiler below!

... Hole but I found a key on the rock after 1 hour Tongue

And the ending was great. The voice from...
Spoiler below!

... The door "Open the door already, I am police" Was scaring me Big Grin

Anyways good luck on making the full Version. Smile
08-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Website Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

Can I hope for lets play Wink?

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Find
waqas12346 Offline

Threads: 38

(08-27-2011, 06:58 PM)Elven Wrote: Can I hope for lets play Wink?

Converting 6 parts and it will be ready to upload the Let's Play.... Start Hoping.... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 08-27-2011, 07:05 PM by waqas12346.)
08-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Website Find