Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Ray Of Hope
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: Ray Of Hope - BETA RELEASED

Yay, you got me now excited Big Grin!!! I'll reallllly look forward to it Smile!

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-27-2011, 07:07 PM
Find
GoDl1Kelol Offline

Threads: 7

Oh lawd, you're actually a guy. Anywho, I was only giving feedback on what I didn't see fit in there since it's still in beta, no need to bite my bloody head off and also the typos were in the item descriptions and so on. I was only saying if you're aiming this to be a serious story and all, the typos kind of ruin it. Not trying to be offensive in any way. Also for Louis' voice, use a northern European name and I wouldn't have an issue with it. He doesn't sound native English and therefor shouldn't have an English name. Gosh, I'd really sound like an arse if that's his real name. Anywho, good luck and what not.
Spoiler below!
And my jar issue was what to do with the finished jar, when I've put everything I have in it, there wasn't any info on that and it wouldn't let me use it at the corpses area.
08-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Spoiler below!
You need to use bucket of water on the red jar (whatever it name was)

Sorry, but it was little bit offensive and it obviously made me little bit mad and sad at the same time.

You know that everyone have their own culture? Maybe Estonians use Louis as well? Maybe some other countries? It can sound as English name, but it actually might not be english. Maybe he was born in England but he is from other culture? This is thing what is called "Background of man" and you won't find that out from beta sadly.

By serious we meant that we put everything as we are into the work. We won't probably get perfect typosfree story, oh hell no. But we do as awesomely can to get out quality story. Meaning that you actually enjoy the story itself.

Sadly commenting my scripting as madman scripting doesn't really help me (and I started scripting from the 15th), calling our voice actors bad (what you actually did) and all that.

Your previous page comments aren't still in the spoiler tags, btw.

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
08-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Find
zeravia Offline

Threads: 16

here's part one... I am gonna die in this game... O_______O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYhfLTSU_Wg

Diary of a madman -Onhold

New - [Image: at_1374739.png]
08-28-2011, 04:36 AM
Website Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

snip, edited.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2011, 06:20 AM by Arvuti.)
08-28-2011, 05:23 AM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak

Questionnaires - Please all those who have played through, answer your honest answers =)

Please watch it only when you have played it through! Thank you!

Spoiler below!
1) How did you think about the beginning of story over all?
2) Did you find the second key (on top of rock) yourself or with help?
3) Any 'scripted' problems you might have found?
4) Any visual problems you might have found?
5) What do you think about our voice actors. Please give our honest opinion as it is very important for us.
a) Was Louis voice acting convincing, was it enough emotional?
b) Was Our bad man in the one room badass (bad man voice) enough?
c) Was I good enough to be slave? Tongue
d) Other comments?
6) What did you think about intro?
7) What did you think about our second map ending? Did it scare you or you were dumb? Emotions?
8) What about ending? Did you panic when monster appeared? Did you made it to the door? Did you think that you will get through door?
9) What about the second map quest of combining?
10) What did you think about our third map? What did you think when you entered every time into new room?
11) What is your thoughts about future of the story? Just predictions and stuff Smile?
12) Any other comments?

The Interrogation
Chapter 1

My tutorials
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2011, 07:49 AM by Elven.)
08-28-2011, 07:48 AM
Find
Tenno Offline

Threads: 0

I'll answer some questions for you

Spoiler below!
1) How did you think about the beginning of story over all?
The beginning was good, had suspense, built up nicely, set the mood for the whole story.

2) Did you find the second key (on top of rock) yourself or with help?
I had to ask you about 2 or 3 times Tongue

3) Any 'scripted' problems you might have found?
Nope.

4) Any visual problems you might have found?
Overlapping textures/flickering walls.

5) What do you think about our voice actors. Please give our honest opinion as it is very important for us.
Not the best but as you said, you don't have access to the greatest voice actors. Not bad when compared to all the other custom stories with voice acting.

a) Was Louis voice acting convincing, was it enough emotional? Not really, lacked emotion sadly.

b) Was Our bad man in the one room badass (bad man voice) enough? Yes.

c) Was I good enough to be slave?
I don't understand, you voiced the slave?

d) Other comments? The voice acting could use improvement.

6) What did you think about intro?
Good scare to get the player in the mood for the darker nightmare to come.

7) What did you think about our second map ending? Did it scare you or you were dumb? Emotions?
The second map ended with the explosion right? Well that part scared the living hell out of me, then I was subjected to ear rape then killed by something while trying to find the closet in a panic Tongue

8) What about ending? Did you panic when monster appeared? Did you made it to the door? Did you think that you will get through door?
I knew that I wasn't going through that door, I could tell it was set up for a scare, so no real surprises.

9) What about the second map quest of combining?
I liked it, quite unique.

10) What did you think about our third map? What did you think when you entered every time into new room?
The third map looked like a demon had destroyed all the rooms, my first thought when I entered each room was: I am about to die.

11) What is your thoughts about future of the story? Just predictions and stuff Smile?
I predict that the story will become much better once certain issues have been addressed and it is continued.

12) Any other comments? Keep working on this Smile

Hope this helps.

[Image: 29069he.gif]
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2011, 08:32 AM by Tenno.)
08-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Find
Arvuti Offline

Threads: 10

Please, if you find any visual problems, screenshot them and post them here so i can fix it.
08-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I'm going to try this one out. Hope it's good Smile

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

08-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Find
Elven Offline
Posting Freak