Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Work in progress Teamnesia: A community-wide effort
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Teamnesia: A community-wide effort

Well seeing as interest is starting up again, I'll update the original post as soon as I can to reflect new changes to the collaborators as well as create some custom entities which everyone can use to mimic notes/diaries.

And with Apjjm's new lang file tool (which by the way is pretty damn awesome), the lang file should be no problem, providing everybody makes their category or categories unique in their nomenclature.

12-31-2011, 09:45 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(12-31-2011, 09:45 AM)palistov Wrote: And with Apjjm's new lang file tool (which by the way is pretty damn awesome), the lang file should be no problem, providing everybody makes their category or categories unique in their nomenclature.
I was thinking of how Apjjm's LangEditor could be extremely helpful for colab stories =]

12-31-2011, 03:48 PM
Find
Lontasm Offline

Threads: 7

This soudns intersting! I might as well create a map with a story behind it. For those of you who have played Fable 3, knows the concept of "Darkness Incarnate" And if I am to build a map for this whole Custom "story-ish" Map, I will use that same concept Big Grin

But first off, I'll have to finish off my current custom story. Big Grin

Current Project: Depths of Shadows(Mapper)
01-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

Would it be overdoing it if I made a platforming one as well? I see Your Computer and Apjjm are doing the same thing.

If it would be overkill I need some ideas :/

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2012, 07:07 AM by flamez3.)
01-15-2012, 07:05 AM
Find
Khyrpa Offline

Threads: 10

I don't even know if yourcomputer is still doing anything for teamnesia, as for now for certain only mine, Palistov's and Apjjm's maps are done. It would be fine if people could inform what are actually being done or ready for release.

When we get a few more, we will piece them together and finally release it all with the godly Apjjm map. Consider this as blackmailing so hurry up if you want to see great things.

(01-15-2012, 07:05 AM)flamez3 Wrote: Would it be overdoing it if I made a platforming one as well? I see Your Computer and Apjjm are doing the same thing.

Depends if your platforming is unique and entertaining. If its like the amnesia courses, can make the player stuck and quit the whole thing, it most likely doesn't work.

01-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Find
flamez3 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 48

(01-15-2012, 07:44 AM)Khyrpa Wrote: I don't even know if yourcomputer is still doing anything for teamnesia, as for now for certain only mine, Palistov's and Apjjm's maps are done. It would be fine if people could inform what are actually being done or ready for release.

When we get a few more, we will piece them together and finally release it all with the godly Apjjm map. Consider this as blackmailing so hurry up if you want to see great things.

(01-15-2012, 07:05 AM)flamez3 Wrote: Would it be overdoing it if I made a platforming one as well? I see Your Computer and Apjjm are doing the same thing.

Depends if your platforming is unique and entertaining. If its like the amnesia courses, can make the player stuck and quit the whole thing, it most likely doesn't work.
Okay, I'll try and make a platformer that is good. I'll send palistov the link when I'm done. (If he doesn't like it; I guess I'll just make another map out of another idea)

01-15-2012, 08:16 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I think i might finally have my story ready for public testing within a week or two unless things come up. In the mean time, i'm going to post some qualifications for testers:
  • Some scripting experience or previous testing experience required. Both preferred.
  • No one who would test it solely to post it up on Youtube (or whatever video hosting service) or stream it publicly.
  • No one who would test it only once and not follow a list of what to test.
  • No one who would complain about texture "clipping" issues.
  • Those with weak computers preferred; "weak" as in those who tend to get less than 60 FPS on any given story or map without any FPS restrictions applied (e.g. Vsync or LimitFPS).
  • Mac users preferred. However, if a Mac user, knowledge of how to install a custom story on Mac is required by that user.
  • No one who would disclose features or anything of the story to the public before a public release.
Note, i reserve the right to kick you off the testers list if any of the tester rules are violated. I also reserve the right to add (or subtract) from the tester rules. If you think you are eligible to be a tester, PM me and state your experience.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
02-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Website Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

I am interested in one more tester for my contribution. The current testers are already pretty well acquainted with the mechanics, so i need someone who isn't. Same qualifications apply.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
04-06-2012, 01:04 AM
Website Find
JetlinerX Offline

Threads: 49

Ill give it a go if you want, bud. Smile

Lead Developer of "The Attic"
~Slade Mitchell

Chapter 3 (REL)

04-06-2012, 04:05 AM
Website Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Quote:No one who would complain about texture "clipping" issues.
Does that mean you wouldn't want a tester to report a texture clipping issue, or you just don't want them to whine about it?
04-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Find