Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 4.38 Average
Spoiler Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: Plot Discussion Thread *Spoiler Alert*

Ye Olde Aldi
We've been over this already, man, that wiki is just personal interpretation, not actual information from the game.

(09-17-2013, 02:59 AM)Abraxas Wrote: Speaking of Daniel, though, playing through again, I noticed something interesting in one of the notes:
To free man, we cut the man. In order to cross that great evolutionary line, it must be first painted upon the ground.
Seems at least an homage of sorts. Thoughts?

Haha, yes, exactly my thoughts.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 04:35 AM by Kein.)
09-17-2013, 04:34 AM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(09-17-2013, 04:34 AM)Kein Wrote: Ye Olde Aldi
We've been over this already, man, that wiki is just personal interpretation, not actual information from the game.

Ye Olde Aldi Wrote:So I read that, and it sounds very cool, but it also looks like a hell of a lot of speculation.

Of course it is personal interpretation, that doesn't make it any less admissible here.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-17-2013, 05:01 AM
Find
kojack Offline

Threads: 0

(09-17-2013, 03:35 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: 2. Those two objects in the pyramid are unidentifiable. They could just as easily be the children's hearts.(Seeing as there are cables upon which they are impaled.)

Child hearts seems a good choice:
1 - Each one is floating above a dead (or extremely uncomfortable) child.
2 - The 3d mesh is actually a heart.
3 - In the editor the objects are named child_heart_1 and child_heart_2.
Spoiler below!

[Image: 290wll0.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 12:15 PM by kojack.)
09-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Find
Lewk Offline

Threads: 6

There are things to be found here.

Specifically, these blocks that are seen quite often are now in piles.

There was also a teddy bear and a pig mask accompanied by a note, but they disappear upon looking at them (pig mask and bear).

I think the answers to the remaining mysteries of the plot will be found in these secret areas, so we should keep looking for them. I kind of skimmed over the note that was under the crates because I wanted to post this place once I found it. I'm sure someone else can find it and paste its details over.

EDIT: If someone has already found this and pointed it out, my bad.

The note:
Spoiler below!

"A different strategy for the poor, who mistrust the offered hand, the plate of steaming offal. For them, we are become the disappearance in the night.

More efficient and less visible to picking off stragglers and stays is the removal of the entire communities in one swoop. Le the ground open under them and fall to the maw. Last month, by activating the doors shortly after midnight on a balmy Saturday, fifty-seven individual products were obtained in a single catch.

I have instructed the workhouse to begin plans for a street festival before the end of summer, to pack out the narrow lanes with a teeming throng, with hundreds of pairs of feet. We have begun to assemble a network of false streets and have extended the holding pens in preparation. A second pigline will be added to enable the system to cope with the increase in traffic."

Attached Files
.jpg   pig2.jpg (Size: 151.44 KB / Downloads: 330)
.jpg   pig1.jpg (Size: 114.36 KB / Downloads: 316)
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 12:34 PM by Lewk.)
09-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Find
mminecraftfan Offline

Threads: 2

(09-16-2013, 12:58 AM)lolmaster Wrote:
(09-14-2013, 09:09 PM)mminecraftfan Wrote: Guys i found something from amnesia the dark descent in aamfp (see screenshots in attachments)

Those are just leftover assets.

Also, what don't you want us to see in Date Modified and File Type?

sorry about date modified i was just making fun of cispa sorry about that here is uncensored version of screenshots Smile

(09-17-2013, 12:13 PM)kojack Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 03:35 AM)Ye Olde Aldi Wrote: 2. Those two objects in the pyramid are unidentifiable. They could just as easily be the children's hearts.(Seeing as there are cables upon which they are impaled.)

Spoiler below!

how did you opened map in editor my editor always crashes when i open aamfp maps

Attached Files
.png   files 1.png (Size: 223.16 KB / Downloads: 212)
.png   files 2.png (Size: 248.82 KB / Downloads: 181)
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 12:49 PM by mminecraftfan.)
09-17-2013, 12:47 PM
Find
kojack Offline

Threads: 0

(09-17-2013, 12:47 PM)mminecraftfan Wrote: how did you opened map in editor my editor always crashes when i open aamfp maps

I copied the amfp data directories over the top of a working copy of amnesia. The editor says there were errors when loading, but it does load any of the amfp levels seemingly fully.

(Plus in a fit of boredom I wrote my own level viewer in Ogre before I got the real one working)
09-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Find
mminecraftfan Offline

(09-17-2013, 02:37 PM)kojack Wrote:
(09-17-2013, 12:47 PM)mminecraftfan Wrote: how did you opened map in editor my editor always crashes when i open aamfp maps

I copied the amfp data directories over the top of a working copy of amnesia. The editor says there were errors when loading, but it does load any of the amfp levels seemingly fully.

(Plus in a fit of boredom I wrote my own level viewer in Ogre before I got the real one working)

thanks i'll try that today Smile
09-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(09-17-2013, 12:13 PM)kojack Wrote:

Spoiler below!

That's pretty damn conclusive. : P Finally something solid!

Not sure if this has been discussed.

So in the sounds/vo/temple folder is some interesting audio that I didn't hear before. It looks to hint at an ending actually involving the orb but was scrapped.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2013, 03:40 PM by Ghieri.)
09-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

A bit slow here:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...#pid260115

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-17-2013, 04:04 PM
Find
mminecraftfan Offline

(09-13-2013, 10:23 AM)chineseroom Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 09:51 AM)Kein Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 09:38 AM)chineseroom Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 09:04 AM)Kotch Wrote:
(09-13-2013, 08:59 AM)chineseroom Wrote: Great stuff figuring some of the stuff in the notes. You're still light on investigating the hint text, which is Mandus really journeying deeper into his own self-knowledge. The rabbit hole goes quite a bit deeper still...
have fun!

At any point will you guys release something that explains the story?

I think the community are doing a pretty good job right now. What's also really important to me is that your own understanding of the story means as much as ours. I hate it when you get something you didn't think dictated to you. The discussion is the really interesting bit.

Can you at last tell us a bit more about custom endings that were removed or explain existence of vo_temple_orbend_1.ogg, vo_temple_orbend_2.ogg, vo_temple_orbend_3.oggvo_temple_orbhit_1.ogg, vo_temple_orbhit_2.ogg, vo_temple_orbhit_3.ogg ?

Yeah, there were originally two endings to the game. When we got close to alpha, I wasn't happy with the temple level at all and ended up actually redesigning 80-90% of it. At the same time, I looked again at the dual endings and discussed it with Thomas, Jens, Jess and the others and we decided that one really punchy ending was better and we were in danger of making weak endings for no purpose other than to having multiples.

So in these original endings, either Mandus chose to smash the hearts with debris and destroy the machine, or let a timer run down after which the Machine destroyed London. Both of those felt like a 'game' thing, not fitting strongly to the fiction, world or even characters, and I re-wrote and designed something more open to intepretation that played much more tightly to the plot and characters of the game. What does happen at the very end?

Not telling. You can figure it out, I'm sure.

Can you please at least make dlc or some update to include this two deleted endings as optional or alternative endings?
09-17-2013, 04:59 PM
Find