Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks
i3670 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 74
RE: The August 2014 Celebrity Nude Photo Leaks

I love Ricky Gervais

https://twitter.com/rickygervais/status/...88/photo/1

"What you think is irrelevant" - A character of our time

A Christmas Hunt
09-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

These are among my favourite nude photo leaks.

NSFW

Spoiler below!

[Image: leeks.jpg]

[Image: luv.gif]
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014, 03:51 PM by Wooderson.)
09-04-2014, 03:49 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(09-04-2014, 03:29 PM)Darkspellbound Wrote: They all deserved it to be honest. Also if you don't want people to know, please don't take nudes. Actors to me is just a bunch of puppets.

you're right man, I mean people should just stop whining. If you dont want to be robbed then dont own property, right?

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
09-04-2014, 03:51 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

(09-04-2014, 03:29 PM)Darkspellbound Wrote: They all deserved it to be honest. Also if you don't want people to know, please don't take nudes. Actors to me is just a bunch of puppets.

You are clearly more deserving of the RD fedora than I am.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014, 04:09 PM by CorinthianMerchant.)
09-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

All valid points, and I agree with almost everybody to some extent, but I'm in two minds, so I'll play devil's advocate.

Whilst the theft of the images is morally wrong and the subjects are entitled to feel violated, I think that celebrities, having chosen a life under the public eye, should not be surprised that people want to look at, distibute and talk about the photos. They should also, if they value their privacy in the industry they work in, take more care of personal and private data, and not store it on the cloud. That's just dumb.

What I find far, far, far more concerning us that the people who stole these images would also surely have had access to the data of all kinds of people, not just celebrities. Surely we should less concerned with some flavour of the month pop star, who uses covert sexuality to promote their product, than with the risque selfie taken by our 13 year old daughters...?

The 'sex sells' culture was created by the entertainment industry and the idea that many sex videos and nude pics are delibeately leaked for the sake of publicity is not so far fetched. Some would view these events as free publicity. Therefore I care less about the right to privacy of someone who has worked hard to attain a public life, than I care about the fact that the breach happened in the first place.

That's just the contraversial half of my thoughts, for what they're worth.

I just remembered the other thing I wanted to say

(09-04-2014, 12:01 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: It is definitely true that celebrities should be more careful with such photos, but to say that the ordeal is partially their fault is outrageous. That is like saying that girls are partially at fault for being raped because they wore skimpy clothing.

I understand where you are coming from Kreekakon but I think that your analogy, to a certain extent, belittles the trauma of rape. I know you don't mean it that way.

Whilst having private and sexual photos made public is a form of violation, the two arguments you juxtapose are not comparable. What would be more correct is that "to say the ordeal is partially their fault is like saying that girls are partially at fault for being ogled because they worse skimpy clothing" which would still be a very morally questionable view and the comparison would support your argument. I just think that rape is so abhorrent and mentally damaging that these two things don't compare, and that if the subjects of the photos were to claim that they feel "raped" then they would be overplaying the sense of violation that they feel.

(This post was last modified: 09-04-2014, 06:21 PM by MrBehemoth.)
09-04-2014, 05:43 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

What if I went complete conspiracy theorist and said that IT'S A HOAX! They leaked them themselves to gain more publicity!!!

Not that I would believe it, but the media nowadays is pretty damn messed up.

09-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-04-2014, 05:43 PM)MrBehemoth Wrote: I understand where you are coming from Kreekakon but I think that your analogy, to a certain extent, belittles the trauma of rape. I know you don't mean it that way.

Whilst having private and sexual photos made public is a form of violation, the two arguments you juxtapose are not comparable. What would be more correct is that "to say the ordeal is partially their fault is like saying that girls are partially at fault for being ogled because they worse skimpy clothing" which would still be a very morally questionable view and the comparison would support your argument. I just think that rape is so abhorrent and mentally damaging that these two things don't compare, and that if the subjects of the photos were to claim that they feel "raped" then they would be overplaying the sense of violation that they feel.

I did not mean for the example to be taken so literally. I used rape simply as a "bad happening", and nothing more than that. In the context of the example, and what I had intended for it, the emotional trauma was not accounted for by me.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-04-2014, 07:10 PM
Find
MrBehemoth Offline

Threads: 19

(09-04-2014, 07:10 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I did not mean for the example to be taken so literally. I used rape simply as a "bad happening", and nothing more than that. In the context of the example, and what I had intended for it, the emotional trauma was not accounted for by me.

Ok, cool. I mistook it as a literal comparison of the acts. Didn't mean to imply any questionable ethics on your part. Smile

09-04-2014, 07:24 PM
Find
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10

I'm disappointed with people rating them. This person didn't ask or want this to happen. Is it so much to ask to let it alone and imagine how humiliating this is for her?

09-05-2014, 02:09 AM
Find
Kappa048487127 Offline

Threads: 7

(09-04-2014, 02:02 PM)MrWhitticus Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 01:15 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(09-04-2014, 12:58 PM)MrWhitticus Wrote: I've seen a lot of:
Don't want nude photos released? Don't take them!

This is really good advice, along with:
Don't want to be robbed? Don't own things!
Don't want to get low grades? Don't go to school in the first place!
Don't want to be stabbed and killed? Don't be born!

Actually it should be more like:

Quote:Don't want nude photos released? Don't put them on easily hacked places!

This is really good advice, along with:
Don't want to be robbed? Don't put them in easily stolen locations!
Don't want to get low grades? Don't neglect your studies!
Don't want to be stabbed and killed? Don't go to dangerous places!

Don't tell me, tell the people I was making fun of

Even when you use a service like iCloud (or whatever garbage they have it branded as) there is still a certain expectation of privacy especially from a company as big as Apple.

If anyone needs to study the material than don't be afraid to use Google.
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2014, 03:30 AM by Kappa048487127.)
09-05-2014, 03:22 AM
Find