Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Compiling a List of Problems
yatja Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Compiling a List of Problems - Prison North

(09-21-2010, 04:31 PM)Spiegelman Wrote:
(09-21-2010, 07:40 AM)yatja Wrote: Prison North

After using the acid i gathered from the kitchen and then the hammer & chipper on the weakend lock on the door leading to the cistern i am unable to progress any further.

Added under Object Issues just incase you can't get it to become unstuck. Let me know if jens' suggestions fix it.

I was unable to fix the problem once it had occured. I tried throwing a chair at the door from different angles and distances to no effect, also i tried to wiggle open the door with varying levels of mouse sensitivity to no effect. The only real solution so far was to load a save prior to this happening, which in this case meant i had to redo everything from the start of the level.
09-22-2010, 10:26 AM
Find
Kim Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Compiling a List of Problems

(09-21-2010, 05:58 AM)Spiegelman Wrote:
(09-20-2010, 06:08 PM)Kim Wrote: The first part of the prison: (south?)
You can fall through the hole under the bed without triggering a level load. I moved the bed during the flashback and after jumping over it I simply landed inside the hole without widening it first.

Added it under Map Issues, does that sound about like what you experienced?

Quote:SetEntityActive("block_box_1", false); //An invisible block to keep the player from falling through the hole before breaking it.

Yay \o/

Just have to wait for the Linux version now.

Yup, sounds right. I suicided and respawned in the room next to the hole to check it out. Didn't see anything special and couldn't reproduce the problem. The bed had one leg placed inside the hole if that might have any effect on things.

Probably worth noting that you can widen the hole from below, but you still have to suicide and jump through the hole from above to load the next level.
09-23-2010, 04:40 PM
Find
THWIP71 Offline

Threads: 1

So, apparently this game is a bug-ridden mess. That explains why I can't even start the demo, unless in windowed mode (is this 1998?), and even then I'm just stuck at the beginning, staring at the floor....no mouse control.

I can play Crysis, Mafia II and The Witcher at max settings, with no problems at all....yet a game that looks like it was made in 2004 won't even run. What a joke.
09-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

Threads: 3

(09-25-2010, 08:11 AM)THWIP71 Wrote: So, apparently this game is a bug-ridden mess. That explains why I can't even start the demo, unless in windowed mode (is this 1998?), and even then I'm just stuck at the beginning, staring at the floor....no mouse control.

I can play Crysis, Mafia II and The Witcher at max settings, with no problems at all....yet a game that looks like it was made in 2004 won't even run. What a joke.

Have you tried the patch they just released? I'm going to guess you have an ATI X-series card since those seem to be having the problem starting the game. Check the patch here and see if it works: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4658.html
09-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Find
THWIP71 Offline

(09-25-2010, 04:11 PM)Spiegelman Wrote:
(09-25-2010, 08:11 AM)THWIP71 Wrote: So, apparently this game is a bug-ridden mess. That explains why I can't even start the demo, unless in windowed mode (is this 1998?), and even then I'm just stuck at the beginning, staring at the floor....no mouse control.

Have you tried the patch they just released? I'm going to guess you have an ATI X-series card since those seem to be having the problem starting the game. Check the patch here and see if it works: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4658.html

GeForce 9800GT, so no...your guess is wrong. This IS NOT a hardware issue...trust me. Like I said, I can play the most demanding PC games available today, with ZERO problems. But I can't even get a freakin' DEMO to play for this game.
09-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

(09-25-2010, 11:28 PM)THWIP71 Wrote: GeForce 9800GT, so no...your guess is wrong. This IS NOT a hardware issue...trust me. Like I said, I can play the most demanding PC games available today, with ZERO problems. But I can't even get a freakin' DEMO to play for this game.

Have you tried to update your graphic drivers to latest? Uninstall the old ones, reboot, and install the new ones.
I also remember DEVs saying "this game uses OpenGL, so don't compare it to DirectX games" hundreds of times.

09-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Website Find
Twin Offline

THWIP71 is spot on. i also have a 9800gt and i can't play the game no matter what i do.
09-26-2010, 12:47 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

While I have no problem posting their problems here, this thread is mostly for in-game bugs/glitches/etc that generally occur for everyone, not just specific problems. You say it won't run on your 9800gt, and someone else just confirmed it doesn't work for them either, so it must be a driver issue.

If you really want to try this game, search for another thread related to 9800gt's or make a new thread.

Here are two threads related to 9800gt cards.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...ght=9800gt
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid33849

The second link will go directly to a post by someone with a 9800 problem and has a small tutorial on how he fixed it. That's all I can do, otherwise you'll just have to wait until Frictional releases another patch.
09-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Find
THWIP71 Offline

(09-26-2010, 02:53 AM)Spiegelman Wrote: While I have no problem posting their problems here, this thread is mostly for in-game bugs/glitches/etc that generally occur for everyone, not just specific problems. You say it won't run on your 9800gt, and someone else just confirmed it doesn't work for them either, so it must be a driver issue.

If you really want to try this game, search for another thread related to 9800gt's or make a new thread.

Here are two threads related to 9800gt cards.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...ght=9800gt
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...l#pid33849

The second link will go directly to a post by someone with a 9800 problem and has a small tutorial on how he fixed it. That's all I can do, otherwise you'll just have to wait until Frictional releases another patch.

WOW....you fail at deductive reasoning. Thanks for nothing. Rolleyes
09-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Find
Spiegelman Offline

(09-26-2010, 04:49 AM)THWIP71 Wrote: WOW....you fail at deductive reasoning. Thanks for nothing. Rolleyes

What's so "fail" about my deductive reasoning? You have a 9800gt. You can't play the demo. Someone else in this thread has a 9800gt. He can't play either. Other people in other threads have a 9800gt. They can't play either. Do I need to hold your hand to connect the dots for you?

I can recommend fixes or point you to threads with similar issues and hope that you can find a solution yourself, but I'm not expecting you to take my advice either.

You can be a dick about it all you want, but I call what I see. Frictional has also admitted that they didn't have the money to do extensive testing with certain computer hardware, so your problem most likely is a hardware/driver related problem.

Take it as you will, but it doesn't need to be discussed any further. Start a new thread if you want to talk to one of the developers.
09-27-2010, 01:28 AM
Find