Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(06-27-2012, 02:26 PM)Oink Wrote: After watching a let's play of TDD on YouTube, a couple of thoughts popped into my head regarding things that I'd like to see changed in AAMFP:

a) Give the player the ability to snuff out any lit torches or candles

b) Stop using the now highly predictable 'scary moment' whenever a player completes a task (whether it's a distant growl, a scream, whatever)

Any others? Smile
Yeah I agree with you there. The candle idea is cool, maybe like right click to blow it out or something. It's not that over used, but like picking up a key and a monster spawns, that needs to change, maybe have it so it's on a timer like 3 seconds after picking it up.

I want there to be many more puzzles, like more Penumbra style. Like mixing potions in a certain way or finding out a code with things on a wall, in a note or maybe hearing out for a sequence.

Think A Little, Change A Lot
06-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

Threads: 0

i just hope its not as heavily scripted, random encounters would be cool
06-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Whoa I just found this Amnesia: AMFP concept art on DeviantArt. Check it out:

[Image: 363b1c6b05e208751591a31e2ffc581b-d53h0au.jpg]
This be "Shockingly" interesting.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
06-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

(06-27-2012, 03:12 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: Whoa I just found this Amnesia: AMFP concept art on DeviantArt. Check it out:
You're late
06-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

Yeah that picture was out a while back, but does looks pretty sweet. I am hoping for the random events, would just add a bit more replay value to the game.

Not sure what the image shows, kinda looks like a prison where guards stand on the walkways or maybe a generator?

Think A Little, Change A Lot
06-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

(06-27-2012, 03:48 PM)BrooksyFC Wrote: Yeah that picture was out a while back, but does looks pretty sweet. I am hoping for the random events, would just add a bit more replay value to the game.

Not sure what the image shows, kinda looks like a prison where guards stand on the walkways or maybe a generator?
it's named as "The Tesla Field"
06-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

Damn... I don't usually go back 30+ pages to find stuff I missed.
By the way, are they still using the Sanity system? Or was that scrapped? Cause I had this idea for a bit more realism.

- Making whatever your holding shake when insanity gets near "..." and under.

So when your sanity goes down near "..." your light source what your holding will start to nervously shake along with whatever else you hold, including objects.

And maybe some heavy breathing to go with that. Cause when I'm in a scary situation, I usually shake nervously and take heavy breaths. Not grinding my teeth or fingernails like you do in TDD.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
06-27-2012, 04:22 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

i think they removed the sanity mechanic , they said that in some interview. there was sanity cuz Daniel had nyctophobia and i dont think Oswald has it.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2012, 04:59 PM by Oswald Mandus.)
06-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Gnaaah... no insanity? Sad
Hm...well now that I think of it, it WAS sort of weird that you'd have sanity as a depletable resource like mana or something. I mean mad people usually don't realise they're insane, right? So it doesn't really make sense that you'd have an "insanity meter" telling you exactly how normal you are at the moment. Besides it makes you expect weird things to happen which lessens the effect of bugs suddenly crawling over your screen etc. somewhat. ^^
But still it might be interesting to have it as an invisible value that affects gameplay without the player really noticing it. So when something strange happens you'd ask yourself "wait, was that real or...?" instead of taking one look at your insan-o-meter and going "oh right I need to lower my insanity level..."
06-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Find
Lucas Offline

Threads: 2

Encountering enemies and sudden events can still decrease your sanity. And he may or may not have nyctophobia.
06-27-2012, 06:22 PM
Find