Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
MegaScience Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

(06-25-2012, 09:24 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote: Ah man, totally forgot about them haha. Let's face it, Bioshock ain't scary, Dead Space will lose the horror with coop, aliens looks poor. Out of all them, Metro looks the scariest, as was the first.

BioShock is a good game series. The first game scared me out of tension - But that's just me. It isn't supposed to completely scare you - You get immersed in the story, the environment, etc. BioShock Infinite doesn't look like it's aiming for scary much if at all. Doesn't mean it won't be good.

That's not to say AAMFP is going to be bad - I'm also an avid BioShock fan. I've talked directly to developers of the games on several occasions, been given original, source game assets for public use, etc. I attended one event - Wish I got to see more. Both games will be great, I believe.
(This post was last modified: 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM by MegaScience.)
06-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Ok, so on twitter Dan Pinchbeck posted that Samuel Justice's work involves 'fisting a pot of mayonnaise.' I donno about you guys, but I am imagining a part where you get stuck in something like mud and there's a monster like the kaernk chasing you Tongue

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
06-26-2012, 03:54 AM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

So that's how he records his sounds? Fisting mayonnaise?

06-26-2012, 05:46 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Threads: 11

(06-25-2012, 03:10 PM)MegaScience Wrote: BioShock is a good game series. The first game scared me out of tension - But that's just me. It isn't supposed to completely scare you - You get immersed in the story, the environment, etc. BioShock Infinite doesn't look like it's aiming for scary much if at all. Doesn't mean it won't be good.

That's not to say AAMFP is going to be bad - I'm also an avid BioShock fan. I've talked directly to developers of the games on several occasions, been given original, source game assets for public use, etc. I attended one event - Wish I got to see more. Both games will be great, I believe.
Yeah the first one was amazing, it was a very dark game, but only had jump scares and had tense moments as well. 2nd was better I think but Infinite? What are they doing going outside? Complete opposite to the first two. I saw some gameplay, it looks ok, just a bit over the place with the train rail moments e.t.c, but I'm sure it'll be good.

(06-26-2012, 03:54 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Ok, so on twitter Dan Pinchbeck posted that Samuel Justice's work involves 'fisting a pot of mayonnaise.' I donno about you guys, but I am imagining a part where you get stuck in something like mud and there's a monster like the kaernk chasing you Tongue
That sounds good, sorta like the water monster accept slower haha. Great game mechanic, would make the chase sequences more intense for the player. It's sounding promising. I do love how they record the sounds, it's so simple but with some editing makes it scary

Think A Little, Change A Lot
06-26-2012, 08:36 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(06-26-2012, 05:46 AM)GrAVit Wrote: So that's how he records his sounds? Fisting mayonnaise?

Dammit, get this mental image out of my head >_>

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
06-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Quote:but Infinite? What are they doing going outside?
Actually, Irrational Games didn't want to make a second Rapture Bioshock but their publishers wanted them to squeeze just a bit more money out of the Rapture setting. Infinite would have been released by now if it wasn't for 2K.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

(06-26-2012, 10:13 AM)nackidno Wrote:
Actually, Irrational Games didn't want to make a second Rapture Bioshock but their publishers wanted them to squeeze just a bit more money out of the Rapture setting. Infinite would have been released by now if it wasn't for 2K.
I would have liked to see Rapture one more time and then stop the series. But maybe have a mix of water and outdoor environments. Just to keep it fresh

06-26-2012, 10:48 AM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

(06-26-2012, 10:48 AM)BrooksyFC Wrote:
(06-26-2012, 10:13 AM)nackidno Wrote:
I would have liked to see Rapture one more time and then stop the series. But maybe have a mix of water and outdoor environments. Just to keep it fresh
I personally love the idea behind infinite, reusing the same thing twice is enough for me. Infinite is fresh enough for me. As long as the devs do what they wanted to do from the start, I'm happy with it. It would have been worse to squeeze even another Rapture game, Irrational would not like that one bit, just like they despised the idea of a second Rapture game. They are happy with what they are making and as long as they keep themselves inspired, things will go on smoothly.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 06-26-2012, 12:12 PM by eliasfrost.)
06-26-2012, 12:12 PM
Find
MegaScience Offline

Threads: 1

Elizabeth kicks guys in the junk in BioShock Infinite. In the last gameplay trailer, when Booker is whizzing back over the station area on the Skyline, if you watch closely on the ground, you see her kick this guy in the crotch. Funny as hell. Smile
06-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Find
BrooksyFC Offline

Infinite has a lot of potential, but just a big change. It's like with Black Ops 2, it could work or be a disappointment.

Anyway, back to Amnesia, what are you looking forward to most in the new title?

06-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Find