Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Jup, later on in the game there weren't really any "official" hiding spots like the closets anymore, just dark corners...
Also a neat idea might be to be forced to hide underwater, while holding your breath. So you know that not only you won't be able to stay submerged forever, your character is also going to gasp for air audibly as soon as you emerge, but you don't know if the monster is already gone - and if the water monster will return o.O

Well speaking of hiding spots, that makes me wonder: Thechineseroom said in an interview that they were looking at certain parts of Amnesia and felt like Frictional could have pushed the horror further in these situations but "held back" a bit. Now what do you think those situations were?

I think one of them might have been the morgue. You know, when the grunt knocked down the door and you had to retreat into one of the rooms filled with corpses? That was already kind of uncomfortable, but the game could have gone further and forced you to actually crawl inbetween them, pull them aside to hide in the pile, while swarms of flies are buzzing around you...that sort of stuff.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2012, 11:17 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
07-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Yea.. that Morgue part could've been better made. There was something about it that kind of lacked.

07-19-2012, 11:57 PM
Find
raptorhunter6 Offline

Threads: 4

I agree the morgue part would have been cooler even more so if you could interact with the corpses and move them around for your own benefit, such as Hirnwirbel stated to hide from the Brute that makes it's way inside it. I would like that in AMFP, it'll add to the realism (although I doubt any real sane person would grab random dead bodies and fling them around Tongue lol) but it will definitely push the horror the player perceives even further.

Also I was hoping that some of the background noises actually had a source that you can visually interact with in the game. I mean I loved how they added random screams coming from the depths of the castle and I always wanted to go and find the source of it only to find that it was an impossible feat and that is what they lacked. I mean, they don't have to go to full lengths as to add a character to which the screams belong to but at least let us know (if there are going to be screams in the background) who they come from, even if just a little note saying "Painful wails of the innocent echoing through the castle walls". Sorry if I'm a bit redundant, but at least then the player won't be left wondering throughout the game if they'll come across these victims that are being subjected to pain and torture and what you may.

Also just a quick tip, it would be so cool (if the sanity system was back) for there to be a portrait of Oswald himself and with low sanity it turns into a creepy pig. Just to pay homage to the first game.

So yeah, I apologize if my thoughts were already stated by somebody else, I'm not willing to go through 253 Pages to check but yeah. I'm loving the work so far on AMFP and can't wait to hear/see more, and hopefully that new soundtrack we just heard about is on par with the little bit we heard on the teaser. I loved that one.
07-20-2012, 01:36 AM
Find
Krokberg Offline

Threads: 1

(07-19-2012, 09:14 PM)Zaari Wrote:
(07-19-2012, 08:59 PM)Krokberg Wrote: No more hiding in obvious closets, then. Love what they did in some custom stories, like Killings in Altstadt, with the obvious-hiding-place-iron-maiden, freaked me out so much, sadly(?) it was only a poofer. That kind of things would be great in the new game. I'm almost sad that I never locked myself in the same prison cell as the grunt in TDD, as so many others.
Killings in Altstadt was not made by Frictional Games, and neither was any other custom story.
Sorry, I was referring to the people who made the mod Smile . Just saying it would be cool if Frictional Games also did something like that for the new game.

If you could see yourself through someone else's eyes
would you be proud of what you see?
07-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(07-19-2012, 11:16 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I think one of them might have been the morgue. You know, when THE GRUNT knocked down the door and you had to retreat into one of the rooms filled with corpses?
That was actually the brute that broke down the door.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
07-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Find
Zaari Offline

Threads: 0

(07-20-2012, 10:28 AM)Krokberg Wrote: Sorry, I was referring to the people who made the mod :) . Just saying it would be cool if Frictional Games also did something like that for the new game.
Oh, okay. :>

"Marzipan, darling."
07-20-2012, 06:58 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(07-20-2012, 04:49 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote:
(07-19-2012, 11:16 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: I think one of them might have been the morgue. You know, when THE GRUNT knocked down the door and you had to retreat into one of the rooms filled with corpses?

That was pretty cool moment, actually.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
07-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
GoranGaming Offline

Threads: 30

(07-20-2012, 08:31 PM)siggy2xc Wrote: I'm really hoping they put some randomization into the game, it'd make it much more re-playable since you won't know exactly where an enemy would be and watching a play-through won't necessarily ruin the scare for you.
Play the game before you watch a LP! Smile

Current projects:

The Dark Prison 85 % (Stopped working on this one)

Unnamed Project 7 %
07-20-2012, 09:36 PM
Website Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

(07-20-2012, 07:55 PM)Kein Wrote:
(07-20-2012, 04:49 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote:

That was pretty cool moment, actually.
It was awesome, until the part where you just camped in a room until he left. There should've been another horror element in there, where he might've broken down another door, and you would have to find shelter behind the crematoria in one of the rooms. That moment where he bangs on the door and the music get's very tense is so awesome though.

Also, this is unrelated, but for people replaying the original Amnesia, there's a somewhat rare glitch in the morgue so that instead of slowly breaking down the door, the Brute will destroy it on impact. Have fun LP'ers. Big Grin

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
07-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

(07-20-2012, 09:38 PM)Potato Wrote: Also, this is unrelated, but for people replaying the original Amnesia, there's a somewhat rare glitch in the morgue so that instead of slowly breaking down the door, the Brute will destroy it on impact. Have fun LP'ers. Big Grin
That's... Awesome...

When I get my PC (Which is actually arriving Tuesday), I'm making my friend play the entire game through.

Can't wait for this glitch to happen and him shit himself.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
07-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Find