Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fandom Gruff ┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ) UNFLIPPED THREAD
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20
RE: Random Stuff

(04-12-2015, 06:10 PM)Rainfroge Wrote:
(04-12-2015, 04:47 PM)Hurme Wrote: Seems like we all nords are under a pressure, called Russia, that is. It seems almost like the whole world is. The converged military cooperation between Sweden and Finland indicates the loss of impartiality, so they claim, repeatedly. So comes the threaths, the fear of a war, the fear of yet another conflict, in which only Russia'd be to blame. Does this mean that the history will repeat itself? Are we at the verge of WWIII? If so, this time around there's only one true megalomaniac controlling his puppets. If the said about US stays as propaganda; that must be mentioned also, the history has proven that they neither aren't that pure.

There won't be a world war 3.

Really? Countries are in all sorts of turmoil right now: The US is invading the middle east, the middle east is invading Europe and everywhere they can (because pictures), and Russia - ruled by a nightmarish government - are doing lots of airspace border provocations. (They're taking strategic photographs that is used as intel for an invasion plan.)

Meanwhile Sweden has next to no defence, and a meager population whose men are depressed from feminism ruining our lives. Our strategy was to wait for somebody to come SAVE us if anybody attacked. ...but who's going to save us from from the nuclear power Russia? ...so right now we're like "Okay... Maaaybe we could possibly think about rebuilding our military defence to withstand AN invasion. ...from maybe a small country." We're the Palestine of the north, and few swedes will even put up a fight. Yes, being occupied by Russia means lots of book burning and the loss of freedom of speech, but it's not THAT much worse. Maybe our new russian overlords will abolish feminism if we're lucky.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 05:05 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-13-2015, 05:04 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I lol'ed.

Edit: World wars result from complex political, economic, and even psychological factors (historically, nationalism). The current political climate in the world, while tense, is not nearly sufficient to result in a military conflict between the great powers (which I will say are US, China, and Russia).

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 06:07 PM by Froge.)
04-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-13-2015, 05:59 PM)Rainfroge Wrote: I lol'ed.

Edit: World wars result from complex political, economic, and even psychological factors (historically, nationalism). The current political climate in the world, while tense, is not nearly sufficient to result in a military conflict between the great powers (which I will say are US, China, and Russia).

A world war doesn't have to be between super powers. I don't think China was involved in WWII, for instance, and the US and Russia became involved very late in the world war, the US after Germany was defeated. A world war can occur if most of Europe scrambles to stop Russia from invading country after country. At first the US won't care, because it's right now too poor and occupied with IS, but after a few invasions it will realize that occupying the whole of Europe will be too much of a strategic advantage. This is when China unexpectedly attacks Russia. Plot twist!

04-13-2015, 06:23 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

But the funny things is:
In Russia

Psychological and political issues - checked
Economical issues - checked.

The seeds of war has been sown, and It's a matter of time if and when they germinate.
The Russia threath is a real thing - not a laughing matter.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 06:26 PM by Red.)
04-13-2015, 06:25 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

(04-13-2015, 05:04 PM)Cranky Old Man Wrote: a meager population whose men are depressed from feminism ruining our lives.Maybe our new russian overlords will abolish feminism if we're lucky.

I love you cranky old man.

I'm so happy you're back

Can I name you my grandfather?

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-13-2015, 06:32 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-13-2015, 06:25 PM)Hurme Wrote: But the funny things is:
In Russia

Psychological and political issues - checked
Economical issues - checked.

The seeds of war has been sown, and It's a matter of time if and when they germinate.
The Russia threath is a real thing - not a laughing matter.

Every russian blogger with followers 3 000 or more, are required to register with the opinion police. No joke.
...and pictures "misrepresenting" Putin and others, are now illegal.
This is on top of deviant sexuality (like homosexuality) not being allowed to be propagated,
a corruption so great that criminals seize businesses on a routine basis with official paperwork,
and critics being assassinated.
Putin is only popular because the people are too terrified to say or think anything else.
Putin answers to nobody, and as long as the US is occupied with the middle east, it won't have to answer to the US either.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 06:37 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-13-2015, 06:36 PM
Find
Red Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 49

Russia's a false democracy with a real dictator in disguise.
04-13-2015, 06:41 PM
Find
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37

it's funny how everyone says how bad putin is towards his people etc except the actual russians. So far, those I met have said that the man has improved the russian economy beyond belief and even higher if the US wouldn't throw silly sanctions against them based on zero evidence.

On the lovely western news, I've heard probably about 10 times now "Okay guys...This time for real, Russia has launched a full scale invasion on Ukraine" yet, in Ukraine, all russian channels are banned aswell as the army is mercilessly rocketing and bombing civilian cities with even the slightest hint of rebels.

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

(04-13-2015, 06:32 PM)Dogfood Wrote: I love you cranky old man.
I'm so happy you're back
Can I name you my grandfather?

Well, I wish I could stay, but I'm only here until I am able to download the 1.3.1 patch, and then I'm off to play Prenumbra Necrologue.
Grandfather? Sure, why not? I've always wanted to be a grandfather.

(04-13-2015, 06:43 PM)Dogfood Wrote: it's funny how everyone says how bad putin is towards his people etc except the actual russians. So far, those I met have said that the man has improved the russian economy beyond belief and even higher if the US wouldn't throw silly sanctions against them based on zero evidence.

On the lovely western news, I've heard probably about 10 times now "Okay guys...This time for real, Russia has launched a full scale invasion on Ukraine" yet, in Ukraine, all russian channels are banned aswell as the army is mercilessly rocketing and bombing civilian cities with even the slightest hint of rebels.

There's plenty of footage of russian armour rolling into Crimea. It has been for real for months. They're not rebels. They're russian spies and spec ops pretending to be rebels.

(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 06:51 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
04-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Glorpflorb Griff

One of these days I expect to come back to this thread only for its title to be an incoherent jumble of characters and numbers.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2015, 09:19 PM by Potato.)
04-13-2015, 09:18 PM
Find