Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia / SOMA
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Modeling/Art non-related to Amnesia

Is he suppose to hold that weapon with 1h or 2h?

1h, and the grips looks to big.

2h, and gripping it would seem awkward I think.
02-27-2013, 03:56 AM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Nothing spectacular but I love normal maps, and the way it caught the high res model makes me really happy.
Rocks and stuff are noobish things to sculpt but they are the easiest for me now and it's fun.
Spoiler below!
[Image: caveprop1.jpg]
I really do want to finish this set of props. Mostly cave environment stuff that I could find from looking at Stalagmites & Stalactites pictures.

I guess a sand texture will do, it's what they are all look like anyways. If I tried to paint my own texture, it would look like a badly drawn anime.
03-01-2013, 06:16 AM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5

(03-01-2013, 06:16 AM)Rapture Wrote: Nothing spectacular but I love normal maps, and the way it caught the high res model makes me really happy.
Rocks and stuff are noobish things to sculpt but they are the easiest for me now and it's fun.
Spoiler below!
[Image: caveprop1.jpg]
I really do want to finish this set of props. Mostly cave environment stuff that I could find from looking at Stalagmites & Stalactites pictures.

I guess a sand texture will do, it's what they are all look like anyways. If I tried to paint my own texture, it would look like a badly drawn anime.

Careful on the specular. To me, this almost looks like a plastic bag that's been opened neatly and strewn across the ground, molded in place. Again, that's strictly speaking about the spec.

Just a suggestion:
If you either tone it down or get rid of it all together, it'll probably look better. Smile

It's all up to you to ultimately decide what you want Tongue

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
03-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0

Not sure if it's too much spec or if it's just too uniform. If you're going for that dripping wet stalagtite look, try making the spec only light on the rises and way darker in the recesses. Together with a slight ambient occlusion it will nicely support the normal map and look all wet and glistening instead of plastic-like, especially If you increase the gloss value. Smile
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 06:40 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-01-2013, 06:37 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

My hobby:

Making logos for imaginary game companies while pretending I'm doing something productive.

Spoiler below!

[Image: logo2.png]

EDIT: Got another version, which do you like better?

Spoiler below!

[Image: logo3.png]

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2013, 09:26 PM by Ghieri.)
03-01-2013, 07:25 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

[redacted]
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2013, 04:56 PM by Rapture.)
03-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

(03-02-2013, 01:41 AM)Rapture Wrote: [redacted]

Sorry, Rapture, I did see it. It looked wayyyyy better Smile

I would suggest for the tile-able, long piece (I think it was just a study), if you made it a little more uneven, it'd be absolutely perfect. Wink

Keep up the good work!!!

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
03-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

I took it off because I finally realized the point of the thread was for stuff non-Amnesia related. And I do intend to finish this set of models off, I'll put any other updates in the screenshot thread.

Which one are you referring to? Theirs a stalagmite (1st), a mushroom thingy (2nd), walking path (3rd) and a cave welder (4th).
03-02-2013, 07:11 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Walking path. I consider it tile-able, because it's tiled. Hey, it's still non-Amnesia. I bumped my creature once cause it's still technically for my portfolio. Yours are still technically studies, so I don't see the issue. I suppose there might be one though. :3

Keep up the good work Big Grin

03-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Find
crisosphinx Offline

Spoiler below!
[Image: render_for_still_portfolio___demoreel_wa...5x0ast.png]

Finally the first set of animations are done. I'll post my demoreel via youtube in here when I'm finished with it this week (?).

(This post was last modified: 03-05-2013, 04:30 AM by crisosphinx.)
03-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Find