Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Anybody know what horror games are coming in 2013?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Anybody know what horror games are coming in 2013?

Quote: The Doom/Quake monsters, although can be scary, aren't to scary when you've got a BFG or a Lightning Gun in your hands. Now if the weapon only succeeded in making the monster mad and didn't harm it, then you'd be scared.
Yeah I think that's what he meant. Dead Space is the most horror a shooter can get, but that doesn't change the fact that a shooter doesn' work well as a horror game in the first place Smile

Although I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how scary Condemned: Criminal Origins was, even though it featured combat. It was nowhere near the pants-wetting helpless fear Amnesia induces, but it had a certain...different kind of horror.
Wielding the same crude melee weapons as your opponents and fighting almost exclusively against other humans gave it a certain brutal realism that I found very engaging. Smashing some crazy junkie's teeth in with a piece of wood in some abandoned but otherwise normal Metro tunnel is probably the most realistic scenario one can get in terms of horror. I was almost disappointed when the demons started appearing near the end... Sad

Wait - why am I talkin about condemned here? Oh right, because I can't name any upoming horror games. Maaaan we really have to take what we can get in that genre don't we -.-
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
11-07-2012, 12:32 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anybody know what horror games are coming in 2013? - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 11-07-2012, 12:32 PM