Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Bit of Advice Seeking
VaeVictis Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Bit of Advice Seeking

(01-29-2014, 11:16 AM)Abraxas Wrote: Would their opinion of you affect your future career or anything else?

Quote:No it wouldn't.

Take this below statement with a grain of salt, since it's mostly me rambling (Which even seems a bit silly when I read it myself):

Although another main reason that is irking me is that I can't help, but feel that my "legacy" would've been better off if I hadn't joined this particular camp so that everyone's memory of me would be better. If I hadn't joined everyone's memory of me would've been a person who did their basic job well, and now it might be the "senior who wasn't enough of a senior". It would definitely make things the smallest bit awkward if I ever visited them on their future camps.

Yes, I know that the above sounds ridiculous, and even I think it seems a bit so. I'm just putting it out there that it is what is running through my head right now.

'Don't worry' is the obvious bit of advice here, but there's a few practical steps you can take to help:
Write it down on a piece of paper, let it simmer for awhile, and come back to it after you clear your head. Take a step back and look at it rationally. In all reality, there's no reason for this to follow you. Even if you do visit campus, they're college students, I can almost guarantee they've forgotten about it already, even they even noticed in the first place.
Once you feel ready (there is no set timeline for readiness here), shred the piece of paper, take a deep breath, and resolve to let it go. For your one moment of weakness (which you are totally allowed to have), you have at least one strength.
Take care of yourself. Take a day or two and get yourself back together. Rest and remind yourself of your strengths and the possibilities open to you.

If nothing else, and you (for some silly reason) end up being confronted by someone about it, just be like:
[Image: deal.gif]

01-30-2014, 04:43 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Bit of Advice Seeking - by Kreekakon - 01-29-2014, 10:09 AM
RE: Bit of Advice Seeking - by GrAVit - 01-29-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Bit of Advice Seeking - by VaeVictis - 01-29-2014, 11:05 AM
RE: Bit of Advice Seeking - by Kreekakon - 01-29-2014, 11:12 AM
RE: Bit of Advice Seeking - by VaeVictis - 01-29-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: Bit of Advice Seeking - by Kreekakon - 01-29-2014, 06:05 PM
RE: Bit of Advice Seeking - by VaeVictis - 01-30-2014, 04:43 AM
RE: Bit of Advice Seeking - by Kreekakon - 01-30-2014, 05:01 PM