Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the serial key of a retail version be checked by Run/regedit on Windows ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago RE: Can the serial key of a retail version be checked by Run/regedit on Windows ?

(04-06-2014, 08:43 PM)Googolplex Wrote: The file where the key is saved should be located somewhere in your documents folder.

Otherwise you can install patch 1.3 beta, which removes the serial protection. Be sure that you already updated to version 1.2. You need the retail update, but I can't find a download.

Thank you so much ! Smile Cool

Well, if nothing else helps, I might try this as an alternative solution.

Don't worry about the retail 1.2 update. I already have it (but didn't use it until now). Both for the original version and the localised one (as my game is a localised retail copy, primarily translated to Czech).

Thanks again. Smile You've renewed my hope for finally solving this annoyance.

P.S. While I was away, I've decided to notify the retailer who I bought the game from back in 2011. Previously, I've contacted the distributor, but as that didn't work, I completely forgot the retailer might still be of help. I've answered an old e-mail of their's where they confirmed my purchase and asked for help in regards to my specific purchase. It's worth a shot. Maybe they can retrieve some info on what the product key of my copy was. I'm hoping for it. But if this proves unsuccesful, I'll probably try your solution.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
04-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the serial key of a retail version be checked by Run/regedit on Windows ? - by Petike - 04-06-2014, 09:26 PM