Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Overture crashes at very end of the game.
HarshlyCritical Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Penumbra: Overture crashes at very end of the game.

Alright, I reinstalled and it crashed at the same place.

I noticed that during my install, it stopped at two places and claimed that there were "corrupt source files." I think both of them were textures, not sure. I hit "Retry" over and over again before giving up and clicking "Ignore". Now that I think about it, I think I remember this same thing happening on my first install two years ago.

Sigh. I've had this problem with another game I bought on Amazon, Alice: Madness Returns. I had to download the installer over and over and over from Amazon until I got one that didn't have corrupted files. Except that never happened, because different files were claimed to be "corrupted" each time, so finally I just gave up and bought it on Steam when it was on sale.

I guess I will try to download a brand-new installer from my "Amazon Games Library" or something. Not sure what else to do if it's true that the SOURCE files in the installer are indeed "corrupted."

EDIT: Looking at the hpl.log again now. The final line is - "ERROR: Couldn't texture 'base_entrance_concrete_old_bump.jpg'"

This was the same texture that it claimed was "corrupted" in the install. One of them, anyway. The other one was dirty_water.jpg or something like that.
(This post was last modified: 05-09-2013, 04:44 AM by HarshlyCritical.)
05-09-2013, 04:42 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Penumbra: Overture crashes at very end of the game. - by HarshlyCritical - 05-09-2013, 04:42 AM