Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia

(08-13-2013, 11:53 AM)cantremember Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 01:03 PM)Bridge Wrote:
(08-12-2013, 12:25 PM)cantremember Wrote: FG doesn't because they don't know what they're doing and they realise that.

And you know this how? If you had read even a single blog entry by Thomas you'd know that FG are a bunch of romantics interested primarily in expanding the artistic possibilities of gaming. They need money to survive, but to suggest that they would do absolutely anything to make excess money is absurd. Amnesia is incompatible with consoles in several regards and it is for this reason, as well as being a small independent company, that they have not and probably will never develop for other consoles.
That's exactly what I said.

It is not. What you said, and I quote, was:

(08-12-2013, 12:25 PM)cantremember Wrote: If developers have the chance to bring a game to console, they probably will. The porting cost is (if you have the means) less than the development of the initial game, and piracy is lower. Extra income is almost guarenteed. FG doesn't because they don't know what they're doing and they realise that.

Unless you are using different definitions for these words, the construed meaning will invariable be: "Bringing games to consoles brings more money, ergo if developers are able, they will probably do so. The reason why Frictional don't do this is because they are not able and they know that".

… which is not the case. In fact, this is arguably the exact opposite of what I said.
08-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - by Bridge - 08-13-2013, 12:16 PM