Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Interview on AMFP - "Infection" Mechanic Was Cut
plutomaniac Offline
Super Moderator

Threads: 45
RE: New Interview on AMFP - "Infection" Mechanic Was Cut

(12-01-2013, 07:13 PM)Paddy™ Wrote: According to both Dan and Jessica, AAMFP was intentionally made less scary because of the [alleged] low completion rate of TDD. They've stated this explicitly in several places, including the interview we're discussing.

Dan's overkill approach to streamlining the game, making it easier and less puzzle-laden than TDD, is a separate problem.

Yes exactly, I agree with Paddy and Ash. Dan says that a lot of people did not finish the game. Where did that conclusion came from? From my experience over the last two years I've never heard anyone claiming that the game is too scary to be finished. Maybe for a very small percentage, definitely not on such a large scale.

I don't have a problem with the Pigs, I actually really liked the game and was glad I bought it. I can accept that it's a story-driven game and yes that means that scariness might not be the same but saying the "not finishing Amnesia TDD" thing is just an excuse in my opinion.
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 01:46 PM by plutomaniac.)
12-01-2013, 11:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Interview on AMFP - "Infection" Mechanic Was Cut - by plutomaniac - 12-01-2013, 11:16 PM