Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What do you like or hate in a custom story?
Hauken Offline

Threads: 19
RE: What do you like or hate in a custom story?

What everyone above me wrote is basically what my criterias are too, I often end up just exiting the mod without finishing the first map because of it.

As one above me mentions, originality.

I often end up completing mods that i know the developer enjoyed creating, I can see if a developer have had a cool time making this or if he was really bored and did it because length of the mod.

And keyhunt is my number 1 dislike, sometimes it just breaks immersion and makes me think "I have to find a key to continue the game"

People are using less naked guys, which pleases me.

I also dislike in certain events that people tend to use a orchestra of a stinger on a scare, I like when others instead try to build it up and have it at you in a suitable way.

People that likes to add jumpscares should watch the movie "Sinister" it is a perfect example of what not to do.

I like:

- Effort put into mapping that relates to story
- Voice Acting /without no static sounds and 13 year old voice *unless it fits character*
- Intresting story, I am pretty one sided of what kind of story I desire.
*i fell asleep at the machine for pigs story, but thats just me anyway.*
- Puzzles /with correct guidance and assist. *I hate puzzles that makes no sense in how as to solve, like getting 10 levers that has to be in a correct position to work*
- Time spent/ I really dont like where i wake up and have 10 locked doors and 1 locked that I have to open by exploring a giant hub of nothing until i suddenly find something silly as a key ontop of a *closet stashed behind boxes*

There is probably more but the things i mentioned is my criterias for finishing a mod.

Developer for Cryout.
04-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you like or hate in a custom story? - by Hauken - 04-23-2014, 08:39 PM