Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Unsatisfied
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Unsatisfied

(02-06-2009, 02:20 AM)jamhaw Wrote:
(02-04-2009, 04:06 PM)Kedjane Wrote:
(02-03-2009, 05:45 PM)Scraper Wrote: I don't really get that why everyone insults Requiem that it's so BAAAAAD!!!
I think that little puzzle game isn't really that bad. We had horror on two games before, right?
I really want more puzzles so I think it's good to have that game!

It's because most of us expected another semiaction game and something to keep us excited and entertained plot-wise.
Requiem didn't contain any excitement though most puzzles were entertaining as I remember them.
But for Requiem to have become a hit they would have had to stronger announce it as a puzzle game and perhaps include some classic puzzle game features such as replaying any completed level - and also I think they should had put a lot more into the notes, decorations and relation to the rest of the game.
I loved that communications base due to the way it actually fit with the rest of the series and made me think "Oh, I wonder what this place could be?". In the very first stage there were some engravings on the walls aswell, I would had liked to see a lot more of that. Engravings in the temples, notes laying around and simply a whole lot more realistic design. Tables and chairs. Most of the puzzles in Requiem are a bit too much "puzzle" designed and not realistic at all.

They DID announce it as puzzle centric.

I thought it still would have a logical plot and that whole part. Didn't expect teleporting between different stages solving puzzles.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
02-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Unsatisfied - by Voronwe - 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM