Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture doesn't work (Penumbra Collection)
Black Smurf Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Overture doesn't work (Penumbra Collection)

Indeed, odd:

I tried your recommendation in the other similar thread, opened a terminal and tried "open Penumbra.app" in the Overture folder. This produced the following Error-Message:

LSOpenFromURLSpec() failed with error -10827 for the file /Applications/Penumbra Collection/Overture/Penumbra.app.

Then I tried "open Overture.app" in the Penumbra Collection Folder. Now the "Validate Licence Key" Window appeared, I was able to validate my key and then the game seemed to start but exept for the screen going black for a second nothing happened (the program crashed?).

But now I can start Overture via terminal and the command "open Penumbra.app" from the Overture folder... the Collection Program and the alias in the Collection folder still don't work. EDIT: Getting the game to run was a one time affair... when trying to start it again I get the above error message every time when trying to start Overture.

Btw. I'm using an iMac 24" (w. ATI 2600HD) and OS X 10.5.7.

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
-- H.P.Lovecraft
(This post was last modified: 07-17-2009, 05:21 PM by fonzi.)
07-17-2009, 05:18 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread