The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constant crashing from curie onward
eratanz
Unregistered

Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago Constant crashing from curie onward
I've reached a point where the game is now unplayable, and would really like to resolve this. I can't think of the last time I dealt with this much instability in a game, which is a shame considering how wonderful it is otherwise.

The game is crashing/freezing every 5-10 min or so. This begin in the Curie engine room, and I can't even load some saves now. The crashes are graphical- the music generally continues.

System is Windows 7 and a 560Ti with the latest drivers. I have:

Verified game cache
Enabled public beta
Cleaned and reinstalled Nvidia drivers
Tried most permutations of graphics settings

None of this has helped, and the deeper in the game I manage to get the denser the crashing becomes. I've attached the requested log file.

As other users have reported, I'm getting a long list of nvlddmkm errors in my system log (but the card is definitely not overheating or having issues- this is the only game to generate crashing like this)

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 13.7 KB / Downloads: 144)
10-06-2015, 04:38 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
Constant crashing from curie onward - by eratanz - 10-06-2015, 04:38 AM
RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - by eratanz - 10-13-2015, 03:40 PM
RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - by jens - 10-13-2015, 03:55 PM
RE: Constant crashing from curie onward - by eratanz - 10-24-2015, 06:12 PM