Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILER] Who’s who? Penumbra narrative puzzle
Black Rabbit Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [SPOILER] Who’s who? Penumbra narrative puzzle

(10-08-2010, 10:32 PM)Nycticorax Wrote:
(10-03-2010, 01:55 AM)Black Rabbit Wrote: my theory was (right after the game ended) that red was philip and that he became red after black plague or something...like a paradox?
If by 'paradox' you mean logical impossibility, then you yourself see that this idea is not really worth pursuing.
Quote:maybe red is a tuurngait lust like clarence and was there to punish those who trick that entity? so he entered philip as well and so that they don't do the same mistake and keep their existence hidden this time they also try to burn the character from requiem with philip who was by then consumed by red who was actually a tuurngait? remember when clarence wanted the philip to die so that he could return to the greater entity? and that red said release me from this "mortal coil" maybe he was also a tuurngait trapped in a miner...plus his voice was weird...just like that doctor who needs a saw in black plague...you know the infected ones talk funny and fast
I agree that Red seems to be infected. But what makes you think that it follows either that he is, or that he 'entered' Philip? Until the Player meets him in his hangout, Red is only a voice on the radio. And most evidence seem to suggest that Red, conversely to Clarence, is not a proper consciousness parasitic on some host's: that he shows deep concern about the Player's well-being is a feature of the empathy only a genuine person could show. To deny this would be to imply that Red is not a person but a Tuungait minion (like when we incidentally transfer Clarence into autonomous body). But how to account for the fact that he wants to help? You cannot reply that Red-as-a-proper-creature has retained some empathetic psychological features of it's former host, since were it the case, nothing would explain the aggressive behaviour of Clarence-as-a-proper-creature.

Have you played Requiem?

well my theory is that red wanted to help in order to die..."they will nto let me die you see ...it's against the rules" so they had control over him "parts of my mind are not my own" and I thought that the entity that would not allow red to die entered philip after tuurngait found out he betrayed them (they probably found out because he got already infected once and his mind was open to them because the ordeals in the end of black plague take place in his own mind?) so they sent the entity that actually made Redwood to "Red" and made him enter the furnace himself this time asking from the new guy who went there to destroy them to join him...it's kinda strange logic but it is possible Smile
and I have played it xD
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2010, 07:49 PM by Black Rabbit.)
10-11-2010, 07:49 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILER] Who’s who? Penumbra narrative puzzle - by Black Rabbit - 10-11-2010, 07:49 PM