Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The truth behind Agrippa (and Alexander [spoilers]).
Firia Offline

Threads: 5
RE: The truth behind Agrippa (and Alexander [spoilers]).

It's been a little while since I played Amnesia (but something brought me this way again). But there was something in my initial playthrough that knawed at me. Since it's been so long (rather, a great many things have happened in a short time to sort of make it feel like a very long time), correct me if I get any of these details are wrong.
Spoiler below!

When we first meet Agrippa, we're afflicted by Amnesia, naturally (for the game anyway). We only know Agrippa through texts we've read since the game began. This is the facts we know.

When Agrippa introduces himself, the conversation he has with Daniel is one sided. "Who might you be? Daniel?" skip to 1:40. Agrippa doesn't seem to know who Daniel is until this moment of introduction. But why? This is the first time we know of that we've encountered Agrippa, because we have no memory of it happening. But Daniel has been in Alexanders service for months! He's preformed rituals a few rooms away. The scaring chambers to get people freaked enough for the rituals were in the adjacent room to where Agrippa was being held! It would be ignorant to believe that in all this time Daniel had never met or spoken to Agrippa.

So was Agrippa manipulating Daniel? I found his friendly voice very calming in the dark environment. I wanted to trust the creature. He was the one source of refuge in that dark time. Agrippa was Daniels one friend. And it could be that Agrippa played Daniel that way.

So either this is a hole in Frictionals story, or what we saw is what we got (Agrippa does save Daniel in one of the endings), or there's more to this otherworld creature than is let on.

(This post was last modified: 02-19-2011, 12:43 PM by Firia.)
02-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The truth behind Agrippa (and Alexander [spoilers]). - by Firia - 02-19-2011, 12:36 PM