Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you?
Nice Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 37
RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you?

(04-12-2013, 02:01 PM)Naked? No Wrote: Don't get me wrong, the story in itself was ok. The story telling was very bad, notes and flashbacks? I mean, that's the cheapest way to carry a story that I know of, and it's disengaging and immersion breaking. I really hope that the chinese room improve upon this with AFMP.

It made the most sense to do it that way. How on earth heavens name was it immersion breaking ? Your character suffers from Amnesia, which is memory loss and its quite logical that he would have flashbacks coming back to him. Reading notes is far from immersion breaking aswell, atleast for me.

So yeah, it's different opinions but i completely, wholeheartedly disagree.

How would you carry out the story ? have it all written down before you start the game ? Or would you leave the player completely ignorant throughout the whole game and maybe if its smart invidual with a very imaginative mind he'd figure out what it was all about.

Even with notes and flashbacks, i know that a lot of people still don't have any clue about whats going on when they're playing the game

Sorry but we cannot change your avatar as the new avatar you specified is too big. The maximum dimensions are 80x80 (width x height)
04-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - by Nice - 04-12-2013, 02:21 PM