Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia

(08-07-2013, 04:11 PM)cantremember Wrote: Penumbra was more immersive for me than Amnesia. Mostly because you could read Philip's thoughts on everything you could 'look' at, and I never cared about the diary notes left around in Amnesia. They were about desert excursions prior to the game and just some distant backstory to me whereas Penumbra's notes outlined the fate of poor souls trapped in the facility.

Hey, absolutely correct.Smile

(08-07-2013, 04:38 PM)HarshlyCritical Wrote: I really don't understand this statement. It seems like such a flagrantly ridiculous comparison. But based on what I just read in that thread you linked (assuming you are "Minecrawler") I have to say I don't really think that we have the same definition of "immersion."

Immersion for me means not only to feel like I would be the main character. Immersion also could mean how much a game engage me and that I also think about the game when I'm not playing it. There are other games that enthrall me for a longer time than Amnesia did. Even NFS Porsche was so immersing for me, I felt like to be a real part of the Porsche test driver team with my own garage of cars in a fantastic career mode unlikely to other racing games. This is only one example and that doesn't mean I felt not immersed in Amnesia, but I think there are some games not primary made for immersion, but also know how to immerse the player - and longer.
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2013, 07:48 PM by Googolplex.)
08-07-2013, 07:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - by Googolplex - 08-07-2013, 07:34 PM