Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia

(08-08-2013, 03:56 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: You didn't understand my point. What I was trying to get across is that it was likely your mindset, and not any serious objective flaws, that largely compromised your enjoyment of Amnesia.

There is a reason for me to make such a bold assumption. I find it ironic how you say that "You never should think it's a game" and then proceed to evaluate Amnesia in gamey terms like physics and difficulty. I'm in no way trying to say that these issues don't exist, but in order for them to hurt immersion, you have to actually notice them in the first place. Also, I'm just going to point out that most of the issues you mentioned are your personal opinion/preference, while the rest can be met with similarly objective flaws in Penumbra.

Judging by how critical, dismissive and finicky you are when talking about Amnesia as compared to Penumbra, I get the impression that your approach to Amnesia was different from your approach to Penumbra. Which means that you can't objectively compare the two.

Well, it's only my personal opinion. This thread is about personal opinions.

(08-08-2013, 03:56 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: That, or you just have a taste for very specific things. Nothing wrong with that, but no need to preach it like it's fact.

Yes, I have a taste for very specific things.
But you can call some things as "facts" when knowing about gamedesign and principles about quality. When facts wouldn't exist, everyone could say that a primitive superhero-horror-game where you kill zombies with a chainsaw would be better than Amnesia.

It's not all about personal opinions. Quality and art like high-level gamedesign has principles.
08-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - by Googolplex - 08-09-2013, 12:25 PM