Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia
Zgroktar Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia

(08-30-2013, 06:59 PM)Googolplex Wrote:
(08-30-2013, 04:39 PM)Zgroktar Wrote:

I was talking about puzzles in general, I agree puzzles in Amnesia have same problems as those ones in Penumbra.
Considering the opening jump scares in Amnesia, I still think they are too rarely used to be an annoyance, It doesn't use more jump scares than Penumbra in the beginning.
Considering flashbacks, they are a important part of the game's narrative, and when it comes to the screen shaking and similar effects, that should represent the effect of the Shadow possessing the castle combined with Daniel's shattering sanity, it isn't always perfectly done, but I don't see any obvious reasons why should that break the immersion.

And when it comes to enemies, Overture enemies very poorly made, and it is a good choice that Frictional sacked them. They do not feel like a natural enemy at all, especially dogs. They are scary at first, but very soon you notice several patterns of behavior which you could easily abuse. They are always patrolling a very narrow path in the same order which you notice after a very brief observation. Avoiding them is very easy, they never wander off to search randomly which would have made them much more dangerous. They are also ridiculously hard to kill, I flung a flaming gas bottle which exploded right in the dog's face, and he just rose back and kill me. That was all really annoying to me.
08-31-2013, 04:38 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Games in which you felt more immersed than in Amnesia - by Zgroktar - 08-31-2013, 04:38 PM