Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What do you like or hate in a custom story?
MrWhitticus Offline

Threads: 9
RE: What do you like or hate in a custom story?

I played a mod which was in black and white once which was one of the greatest things I've ever experienced

^That^ being said, I do have a list.

To paraphrase Alfred Hitchcock, suspense is a lot better that surprise. I'd rather have a long, thought out story in which you just know that something bad is going to happen at the end but is suddenly twisted on it's head to reveal something even more sinister than have a generic "hey tha dude got murdred adn now he scarz pepl omg" storyline where even if you expect everything to happen it just jumps out at you for no particular reason and leaves you moments later.

Also, if the developer creates their own entities (monsters, scenery, items, decorations etc.) it makes the mod at least 450% better. Like on a "you went out and you either spent $1000 on a 3D editor program to make a free downloadable thing for the community" level. It's amazing.

On a final note, I, and any member of the community who has a good head on their shoulders, will not download anything or will simply close the mod if any mention at all comes up of PewDiePie. I am sick to death of playing what I thought would be a terrific mod but suddenly the words "Mister Chair" or "Stephano" will appear out of nowhere and I'll throw my damn computer as far away from me as possible.

But yeah basically what the other guys said. No tacky surprises, but good, well built up scares.

*Careless Whisper saxophone solo*
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2014, 01:24 PM by MrWhitticus.)
06-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you like or hate in a custom story? - by MrWhitticus - 06-14-2014, 01:14 PM