Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What do you like or hate in a custom story?
Daktoa Offline

Threads: 10
RE: What do you like or hate in a custom story?

Yo this thread is super useful for getting some good do's and don'ts

-TONS of sounds (a huge thing that most custom stories miss is the power of sound, in the intro to Amnesia there are a ton of different sounds playing, footsteps, voices, thunder, monster howls. I'm tired of quiet custom stories, the sound is what keeps you guessing what's real and what's in your head)
-Monsters that don't go away (my first instinct after hearing a monster is to hide in the closet until the music dies. It adds so much fear when you realize it isn't going to go away)
-Rooms where there's nowhere to hide (these are great because it forces you to go into some awkward position and hope the monster doesn't find you)

Dislikes:
-Jumpscares caused by hallucination (if there is a jumpscare I want it to at least be something believable like the wind blowing or a book falling)
-Any monster that is intended to spot you (as soon as the monster sees you the suspense is broken and you are now in running mode)
-Custom stories that introduce the Brute too early (you gotta pace yourself with the monster power levels)
-Notes with long blocks of text (you could easily give it to us in a shorter form)
-Custom stories that give you too much oil/tinderboxes.
-Custom stories that are completely dark
-Custom stories that don't utilize the lantern
-Anything involving moving statues (it's been done 1000 times and Doctor Who is about ready to sue. The best one I've seen was in La Caza and that's cause it didn't just do it for no reason)
07-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What do you like or hate in a custom story? - by Daktoa - 07-14-2014, 09:48 AM