Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can the serial key of a retail version be checked by Run/regedit on Windows ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Can the serial key of a retail version be checked by Run/regedit on Windows ?

(04-07-2014, 06:19 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: As was said, the installkey file is not included. It's generated after the game's first run when it asks you to enter it.

Yeah, I figured.

Unfortunately, as my other comp is a laptop - which I know won't run the game, obviously - I was hoping I could at least check the files once they're all installed onto its drive. But then I noticed that it doesn't create the entire profile unless you properly start the game for the first time, etc. Just as you've remarked.

So, I'll try one more thing:
I'll backup all my current Amnesia files from the desktop onto a USB storage drive, then uninstall everything Amnesia-related from the desktop, do a clean install onto the desktop again and once I run the game once, I'll have a look at the serial key. It might appear.

And if it doesn't, well, then I'll wait for one of the updates. And if even the updates won't help me in this regard, I'll rebuy the game.

One bit of good news: I've found the copy's original box ! Cool

Sadly, after searching the whole thing and every single leaflet I could find, I still haven't found a sticker with the serial key. Sad

So, I'll try a clean install on the desktop, plus backup, and if I run into problems, I'll just wait until the 1.3 update gets officially released.

Thanks, guys !

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 08:18 PM by Petike.)
04-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can the serial key of a retail version be checked by Run/regedit on Windows ? - by Petike - 04-07-2014, 08:16 PM