Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Amnesia: The Streets of London (Full Conversion) Voice Actors Required!
daortir Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (AMFP assets/Full Conversion).DEMO RELEASED

Sooo. I just played it through, and here's my opinion.

First of all, I like the idea behind the mod, it's nice to see someone exploiting a moment of an Amnesia game to tell more about it. The new assets are always refreshing, it gives a new feeling to the mod. Let's get to some more advanced criticism, now.

The mapping and the overall artistic work on the levels appear to be decent. I didn't see any glitching textures, or any mapping mistake, so that seemed solid to me. The lighting is honestly a bit boring, with all the fire in the streets you might have some nice ideas to find in terms of light sources. Right now it's very classic, bright boxlight and lamps in it. There is also the AMFP ambiant fog that is honestly mostly a matter of taste. I don't like it, but it reminds us of the MFP game, which kind of is the purpose of the mod, so that's fine.

Level design is a bit too confusing in my opinion, the corridors are strangely placed, but overall it was creative and pretty coherent so no big deal. There was no puzzle in the demo, I guess the full version will have some, but it made the whole run even faster.

I'm curious to see how you will build a whole story around this event, because right now I think there's a bit too much running and not enough thinking/time to look at the environments or make the story progress.

Right now I think that the mapping makes a decent use of the AMFP assets, but doesn't bring anything new.

So yeah, in the end I think you are doing a solid work, and I hope that the finished mod will feature things that feel different from just the AMFP mansion/streets/machine levels. I also am curious to see what the levels will look like in the finished mod.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 03:14 AM by daortir.)
08-31-2014, 03:11 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (AMFP assets/Full Conversion).DEMO RELEASED - by daortir - 08-31-2014, 03:11 AM