Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Amnesia: The Streets of London (Full Conversion) Voice Actors Required!
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (AMFP assets/Full Conversion).GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

That makes 4 playtesters.
1: Carnivorous Jellybean
2Big GrinnALANGE
3: Dr.Badcat
4: Artsyracoon

I'm doing the final touches to the demo so hopefully yous 4 will get by Saturday or Sunday depends how things go.
Don't get too excited about the demo though, it's mainly to demonstrate the events and some gameplay you can find in the game, it has the story elements removed and the levels aren't really that long but hopefully will give a taste of what's to come.
08-15-2014, 06:26 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (AMFP assets/Full Conversion).GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

(08-15-2014, 06:26 PM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote: That makes 4 playtesters.
2Big GrinnALANGE

I'm doing the final touches to the demo so hopefully yous 4 will get by Saturday or Sunday depends how things go.
Don't get too excited about the demo though, it's mainly to demonstrate the events and some gameplay you can find in the game, it has the story elements removed and the levels aren't really that long but hopefully will give a taste of what's to come.

I think we have to download the mfp patch since this mod uses mfp assets, so if nobody has the mfp patch then they have to install it?

I might reinstall my Amnesia then :/

(This post was last modified: 08-15-2014, 06:31 PM by Radical Batz.)
08-15-2014, 06:30 PM
Find

(08-15-2014, 06:30 PM)Dr.Badcat Wrote:
(08-15-2014, 06:26 PM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote: That makes 4 playtesters.
2Big GrinnALANGE

I think we have to download the mfp patch since this mod uses mfp assets, so if nobody has the mfp patch then they have to install it?

I might reinstall my Amnesia then :/
The installation of streets of London will be similar to the installtion of the Cycles mod, it comes with the patch.
08-15-2014, 06:38 PM
Find

RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (AMFP assets/Full Conversion).DEMO RELEASED

Maids and Gentlemen, I present to you, Amnesia: The Streets of London Demo!
Demo Download links:
ModDB:
[Image: 25575.png]

MediaFire:
[Image: q3WRpk5.png]

This Demo features:
  • 2 Levels with horrifying encounters and terrifying scenarios!!!
  • Oil doesn't last as long as you think!
  • Your sanity is safe but your body isn't!!!

Prepare yourself for this sneak peek of one of the darkest of descents.

I really hope yous guys enjoy this demo!
Special thanks to the Fellowship of the Streets of London playtesting. Artsyracoon,CarnivorousJelly,Dr.Badcat and DnALANGE!
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 09:12 PM by Newsman Waterpaper.)
08-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Find
daortir Offline

Threads: 9

I'll give it a go, not downloading it right now though because I'm gonna get some sleep : p ! I'll come back with some feedback later !

Edit : Holy shit 1.3 Gb demo xD ?

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 01:49 AM by daortir.)
08-31-2014, 01:49 AM
Find

(08-31-2014, 01:49 AM)daortir Wrote: I'll give it a go, not downloading it right now though because I'm gonna get some sleep : p ! I'll come back with some feedback later !

Edit : Holy shit 1.3 Gb demo xD ?

Yep, full of a mfp assets.
08-31-2014, 01:51 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Ah : p God damn curiosity, I'll give it a go right now.

08-31-2014, 02:00 AM
Find
daortir Offline

Sooo. I just played it through, and here's my opinion.

First of all, I like the idea behind the mod, it's nice to see someone exploiting a moment of an Amnesia game to tell more about it. The new assets are always refreshing, it gives a new feeling to the mod. Let's get to some more advanced criticism, now.

The mapping and the overall artistic work on the levels appear to be decent. I didn't see any glitching textures, or any mapping mistake, so that seemed solid to me. The lighting is honestly a bit boring, with all the fire in the streets you might have some nice ideas to find in terms of light sources. Right now it's very classic, bright boxlight and lamps in it. There is also the AMFP ambiant fog that is honestly mostly a matter of taste. I don't like it, but it reminds us of the MFP game, which kind of is the purpose of the mod, so that's fine.

Level design is a bit too confusing in my opinion, the corridors are strangely placed, but overall it was creative and pretty coherent so no big deal. There was no puzzle in the demo, I guess the full version will have some, but it made the whole run even faster.

I'm curious to see how you will build a whole story around this event, because right now I think there's a bit too much running and not enough thinking/time to look at the environments or make the story progress.

Right now I think that the mapping makes a decent use of the AMFP assets, but doesn't bring anything new.

So yeah, in the end I think you are doing a solid work, and I hope that the finished mod will feature things that feel different from just the AMFP mansion/streets/machine levels. I also am curious to see what the levels will look like in the finished mod.

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 03:14 AM by daortir.)
08-31-2014, 03:11 AM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Testing it now..
HINT!!!
For people having trouble opening the mod at all.
Open the StreetsOfLondon.bat with Notepad++ for example and REMOVE this :
PHP Code: (Select All)
cd /.. 
Then save and it works.
Not sure why the cd/d is there but... just remove it.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 11:24 AM by DnALANGE.)
08-31-2014, 11:23 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

"cd /d .." jumps the operator up one directory (cd = Change Directory), so if StreetsOfLondon.bat is in a folder deeper than Launcher.exe, it has to move up before it can find the file.

Could've been done like this though:
PHP Code: (Select All)
..\Launcher.exe 

(This post was last modified: 08-31-2014, 11:33 AM by Mudbill.)
08-31-2014, 11:30 AM
Find