Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Amnesia: The Streets of London (Full Conversion) Voice Actors Required!
Newsman Waterpaper Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (AMFP assets/Full Conversion).GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

(07-20-2014, 03:36 AM)Potato Wrote: Loved the teaser. 3:35 is genius. Greater than any of the streets scenes in AMFP, hands down.

It's was actually inspired by scene on the streets
Spoiler below!
when you being chased by the manpig in the alleyway and at the end of the alley you see some people fleeing,
I just changed the view point and the amount of npcs
07-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Amnesia: The Streets of London (AMFP assets/Full Conversion).GAMEPLAY FOOTAGE!

ok bro, you're about to get some honest to god streetboat right here, because you sold me with 3:35.

your idea is fucking awesome. the way you put together your layouts is great- I'm a huge fan of the parts where you look out the windows and witness scenes unfolding that are greater than yourself- really makes it feel like you're part of a larger picture. that shit ROCKS.

i really want to help you make this go from a mod with a cool idea to a mod with a cool idea that delivers- you got the macro, now you gotta master that micro. by that, i mean your overall picture is fantastic. playing as a regular dude who witnesses london being overtaken by pig-things as teased by AMFP? great! now I want that to be a beautiful and atmospheric adventure too.

so here's what you gotta do. your room designs are lacking- it's just corridors connecting to boxy rooms. these rooms didn't even make a whole lot of sense, either- why would anyone want a maze of a library in their home? if these are corridors connecting rooms and balconies (which is definitely a thing that does happen in real life, but consider the following) then i can assume it would be an apartment complex- why would there be a random library maze in the building?

so. here's how you go about making this shit pants-wettingly amazing. consider actual building design, and consider the finer details of what makes an otherwise repetitive design formula seem attractive to the player- people live there. the "pig-apocalypse" hasn't already happened, it's just beginning, so you can't just make holes in the ceiling and rubble all over the place like in TDD, you have to consider the regular wear-and-tear of a real building in victorian london (in particular, a mediocre apartment building!). peeling wallpaper, wall stains, bare floors, turned rugs, and all that good shit. I think the best resource i can give you for what i'm talking about is the game Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. The first part of that game, where you explore Innsmouth, is exactly what I mean- it's grungy, it's dirty, it's lived in; it's real. what you have right now is great in terms of design and your scripting is great, it just feels too much like a video game. experiment with lighting, possibly having lights flicker and distant explosions occur (consider that the massive machine just came to life underneath the streets of london, so the power grid might be fluctuating) and grunge that place the fuck UP.

if you managed to make sense of my 4am ramblings, then god damn I am glad I could help. whatever help you could glean from this, do it, because you're really on to something with this story (as I can tell from the trailer) and i want to help with whatever advice I can, considering my reputation as someone who makes stories focusing entirely on making the player form an emotional attachment to what they're playing.

[Image: signature-2.png]
07-20-2014, 09:59 AM
Find
Daktoa Offline

Threads: 10

This is looking great, outdoor environments aren't one of Amnesia's strong suits, but it seems like you've taken full advantage of what it can do. I can't wait to see what kind of scares you can get in the city's streets.
07-20-2014, 10:09 AM
Find

Small update here: Amnesia: The Streets of London is now on Moddb!!
Check it for some exclusive screenshots! It not released yet. It is taking a long time, I'm working entirely alone, I'm playtesting,level design and scripting all by myself ,I'm currently making the 4th level and here's the dev scre[spoeshot(Don't click if you don't want the layout spoiled on you.)
Spoiler below!
[Image: lChprHO.png]
Pretty huge and but that map is only 50% done and the map contains over 700 pathnodes and a whole pile of events and I plan this level to have more events than the original streets in AMFP.
But I am in talks with another user on helping me with the mod.

For request for new citizen models, i'm no longer looking for somebody to make entirely new models with texture and animations but if somebody is kind enough to remove the gent's hat or retexture the gent,maid or child I would be most grateful.

For the time being stay tuned and track the mod on Moddb and (Entering Off-topic mode) check my last big project I did back in April, semi related to Amnesia...not really one guy just quotes the machine.

Thank you for your time.
07-28-2014, 10:00 PM
Find

(07-28-2014, 10:10 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I think the level would benefit from having a less linear pathway, looking at the middle specifically - even just having a few sheds or something off to the side would benefit a lot, I feel. Introducing a bit of verticality could be good too - having a few hills that overlook other certain areas of the maps, or a few elevated platforms.

I see your point, I'll introduce elevated platforms and hills to give a good view of the but non liner pathways I didn't know, i'm working my ass already and I admit the map is linear but making it non-linear could double the work, i'm not discarding your suggestions, making more non-linear could help add more events and encounters so I'll see what I can do.
Your suggestions are definitely are taken into consideration!
07-28-2014, 10:23 PM
Find

(07-28-2014, 10:49 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(07-28-2014, 10:23 PM)Newsman Waterpaper Wrote:
(07-28-2014, 10:10 PM)Robosprog Wrote: I think the level would benefit from having a less linear pathway, looking at the middle specifically - even just having a few sheds or something off to the side would benefit a lot, I feel. Introducing a bit of verticality could be good too - having a few hills that overlook other certain areas of the maps, or a few elevated platforms.

I see your point, I'll introduce elevated platforms and hills to give a good view of the but non liner pathways I didn't know, i'm working my ass already and I admit the map is linear but making it non-linear could double the work, i'm not discarding your suggestions, making more non-linear could help add more events and encounters so I'll see what I can do.
Your suggestions are definitely are taken into consideration!

I know the effort it takes, but trust me, it's worth the effort usually! Adding in non-linear design also enables a greater chance to use gating in the level which can add a lot.
I'm adding some sheds as you suggested and for verticality, will making the player to climb up on some rooftops will do?
07-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Find

(07-28-2014, 10:56 PM)Robosprog Wrote: It should help! Just experiment, see what you like generally.

I forgot to ask: What actually is gating?, I'm not really the most intelligent of people Big Grin
07-28-2014, 11:05 PM
Find

Since last night I have been thinking lot, since some of your guys can give some really great suggestions and criticism, i have decided to ask some of you guys about what you want to see in the mod.

Puzzles
So far in the current build of the streets of London, there's hardly any puzzles, i'm not sure to keep that way or not. I'm overall confused to put in puzzles or not. It will be odd that you have do some alchemy while London is getting overunned by pigs.

Pacing
Pacing is a every important element in an amnesia custom story, you can't every level to have monsters in them but i'm trying to wonder how to pull it off. This is goes back to burning city,people dying scenario, how to make a nice calming level for pacing when London is being invaded is what i'm wondering.

Help
as stated in a couple posts before this mod is being made by one guy(me) and I'm level designing,scripting,playtesting all by myself and almost 10-13 maps is not really the most easiest of things, I know the chances are not high since there's a community project and many people are doing their own thing but I could really use a helping hand.

And also ask any questions about the mod general because I like answering questions.
Thank for your time.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2014, 07:58 PM by Newsman Waterpaper.)
07-29-2014, 02:25 PM
Find

More Screenies!
Spoiler below!
[Image: AmnesiaTest131111_2014-08-09_23-39-07-08.png]
Spoiler below!
[Image: AmnesiaTest131111_2014-07-19_01-17-01-09.png]
Spoiler below!
[Image: AmnesiaTest131111_2014-06-19_23-06-40-74.png]
Reminder: You can track the mod on moddb!!
Also I'll like some thoughts on the things I said in my last post, it could really help me out.

Thank you for your time.
08-10-2014, 04:03 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I wonder; will there be moments where you can hear (or witness) policemen, guards, or even other civilians. in London trying to halt the manpig invasion?

Maybe have some areas to show a struggle between the police/guards/civilians and the manpigs by leaving rifles dropped on the ground. Or perhaps a puzzle where you need a rifle to solve it?

Spoiler below!
Now that I think of that, it felt a little odd to me that I did not see anyone trying to defend London from the manpigs while playing as Mandus during the London invasion scene, nor did anyone try to apprehend me as Mandus could have been responsible for the manpigs in the first place.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
08-14-2014, 12:33 AM
Find