Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[SPOILER] Who’s who? Penumbra narrative puzzle
Black Rabbit Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [SPOILER] Who’s who? Penumbra narrative puzzle

(10-11-2010, 08:38 PM)Nycticorax Wrote:
(10-03-2010, 01:55 AM)Black Rabbit Wrote: well my theory is that red wanted to help in order to die..."they will nto let me die you see ...it's against the rules" so they had control over him "parts of my mind are not my own" and I thought that the entity that would not allow red to die entered philip after tuurngait found out he betrayed them (they probably found out because he got already infected once and his mind was open to them because the ordeals in the end of black plague take place in his own mind?) so they sent the entity that actually made Redwood to "Red" and made him enter the furnace himself this time asking from the new guy who went there to destroy them to join him...it's kinda strange logic but it is possible Smile
and I have played it xD
Tell me if I have understood correctly you theory:
1) The Tuungait has control over parts of Red's mind, but not over his entire mind, since
2) Red has enough 'will' to have someone halt his suffering, and for that very reason leads Philip to his quarter;
3) All since the beginning of Requiem Philip has been under the control from the Tuungait because the Tuungait seeks revenge both for Philip's treacherous email and to terminate Red, slipping out of its mind-control.
Am I correct this far? And could you clarify your last point
Quote:4) so they sent the entity that actually made Redwood to "Red" and made him enter the furnace himself this time asking from the new guy who went there to destroy them to join him...it's kinda strange logic but it is possible
which I cannot deal with, not because of logic but of grammar... Smile

ok here goes:

overture
1. Philip enters the mines and with Red's help reaches him
2.Red states that parts of his mind are not his own and that they won't let him die (Perhaps he wanted to warn the people outside so the tuurngait imprisoned him? perhaps they asked him the same thing they asked philip in Black Plague and he refused therefore they decided to torture him so they took control?)
3.Philip burns red

Black Plague

1.Philip becomes "infected" by Clarence.Even though Clarence wants to be a single entity because he likes it he is still a tuurngait so we can assume that Philips mind is still open to the tuurngait presence even after he got rid of Clarence.
2. the fact that Philip can easily be controlled by tuurngait after CLarence's appearance can be confirmed since the tuurgait entity itself tests him in his own mind
3.Tuurngait ask him to keep their secret safe.He agrees but in the mail in the end he states that he lied.maybe a tuurngait entity was inside him at that time and knew his true intentions

Requiem
1.The main character is NOT Philip but the character who got the mail
2.the new main character reaches the very same furnace Redwood (Red) was
3.I think that maybe Red was a nickname that was made up by the tuurngait entity that took over Redwood's mind just like CLarence decided for his own name
4.Since Tuurngait entities can alter their voice (just like it happened with the professor who needed the saw in black plague) I think that Philip is the furnace taken over by Red(the tuurngait , not Redwood the human) and this time he asks the new person who descended there to join him because maybe the tuurngait would not take another risk as to ask someone to keep their secret. they probably gave up on humanity's sincerity and decided to take them all down silencing them forever

The reason I think that in Requiem the Main character is a different one is because of the ending e-mail of Black plague. since he asked someone else to destroy them why would he do it himself then?
10-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SPOILER] Who’s who? Penumbra narrative puzzle - by Black Rabbit - 10-11-2010, 08:51 PM