Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The truth behind Agrippa (and Alexander [spoilers]).
LuckyBlackCatXIII Offline

Threads: 3
RE: The truth behind Agrippa (and Alexander [spoilers]).

These are all very good points and very interesting to read since I remember pondering over what Alexander had to say in the end but I would like to voice my opinion one one part of it:

You say Alexander doesn't enjoy the killing, murdering, torturing etc but I'd have to disagree. Listening to all the memory audio clips (which I have repeatedly listened to all of them because I am ridiculously obsessed with this game /sob) there are many moments where the baron's tone clearly shows he's enjoying the 'labor' far more than one should.

The ones that come to mind right now would be when he's explaining the procedures of torture to Daniel, both on how the pipes work and the wheel. The parts from both I believe show pleasure would be:

Pipes: "...manage your victims well and let one prisoner's pain instill terror in his cell mate"

The Wheel: "But the forte of the wheel is the gaps. When you have decided that the victim shall die, you can smash their limbs with a hammer, making them fold in-between the frames....no don't worry. The human body is much more resilient. They can survive for days until they finally succumb"

(If you want to hear for yourself the full audio parts can be found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKpbcJVpl1I at points 8:46 - 9:15 and 11:51 - 12:34 )

You could argue he might sound enthusiastic in an effort to get Daniel into the killings (which personally I would find that more of a turn off imo) or I could be over analyzing it but that's how I see it...er...hear it.
02-18-2011, 08:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The truth behind Agrippa (and Alexander [spoilers]). - by LuckyBlackCatXIII - 02-18-2011, 08:40 AM