Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I want to buy Linux version
phorem Offline

Threads: 0
RE: I want to buy Linux version

Hi, just bought and downloaded the game for Linux.

I want to thank you for that 800 kb/s pipe you had running to my house!
Amazing!

....and keep up the good work.

Adam.
05-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Find
zeroth
Unregistered

I want the boxed version, and I want it on linux.

can't you release a patch or something?

Linux people like boxes too :-)
05-25-2007, 12:27 AM
aniruddha
Unregistered

zeroth Wrote:I want the boxed version, and I want it on linux.

can't you release a patch or something?

Linux people like boxes too :-)

Lol. Well they are clear about this; it ain't gonna happen. I can't blame them releasing a boxed version is a risky affair. In the meantime be glad that this awesome game has a Linux port Wink
05-25-2007, 12:50 AM
PRAEst76 Offline

Threads: 1

Blanel Wrote:It does? Not for me. It shows Windows, Linux, Soon Mac.

Can't be bothered to check to close though (click on the link).

It's showing it now. I'm assuming my browser cache was playing with my mind.

Game downloading now Smile

PRAEst76
05-25-2007, 03:00 AM
Website Find
Octopus Offline

Threads: 0

Well I purchased it, downloaded it, and ran the installer, but when entering the serial number, I get an error:
"Please Enter a Valid Key"

I have entered the key as the straight 16-character string I was sent, and also with hyphens every 4 characters as it shows in the dialog box, but I still get the same error. I have tried numerous ways: copy/paste, hand-type, lower case instead of upper case, with and without hyphens, etc. I even tried it on another computer with the same results.

My computer runs Ubuntu 7.04, and the install directory is one that I have full permissions to.

Are others having this issue with the Linux version of Penumbra?

-Octopus
(This post was last modified: 05-25-2007, 05:14 AM by plant.)
05-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Find
PRAEst76 Offline

Threads: 1

Octopus Wrote:Well I purchased it, downloaded it, and ran the installer, but when entering the serial number, I get an error:

I have entered the key as the straight 16-character string I was sent, and also with hyphens every 4 characters as it shows in the dialog box, but I still get the same error. I have tried numerous ways: copy/paste, hand-type, lower case instead of upper case, with and without hyphens, etc. I even tried it on another computer with the same results.

My computer runs Ubuntu 7.04, and the install directory is one that I have full permissions to.

Yep. I followed the same procedure you did before mailing support. Disappointing.

PRAEst76
05-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Website Find
aniruddha
Unregistered

PRAEst76 Wrote:
Octopus Wrote:Well I purchased it, downloaded it, and ran the installer, but when entering the serial number, I get an error:

Yep. I followed the same procedure you did before mailing support. Disappointing.

Same problem here. I emailed support yesterday and they replied really fast. I am confident they will fix this soon.
05-25-2007, 08:01 AM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Hi,

Really sorry for these problems, it's being looked into and will be fixed as soon as we can!
05-25-2007, 08:12 AM
Website Find
aniruddha
Unregistered

Lol, this problem is fixed for Gentoo users. Just use the Penumbra: Overture ebuild: http://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=179733

Update:
Please post all your problems related to acceptance of the serial number here:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1113
05-25-2007, 12:53 PM
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Those users that have the serial issues have been notified by mail of a solution. The Linux version will be back up for sale again as soon as we have corrected the original build.
05-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Website Find