Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Linux Version Available for Sale
Black Smurf Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Linux Version Available for Sale

Rhapsody Guru Wrote:Uh... by the way. Will Penumbra Overture Episode 2's boxed edition contain the Windows, Linux AND Mac versions of the program? That would be so sweet! I'd love to see the penguin logo on the box!

Yeah, that really would be nice! Since Urkle said (in another thread) all further episodes will be released simulaneously for all platforms that should be possible. I'd love to the the Mac logo on the box! Smile

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
-- H.P.Lovecraft
(This post was last modified: 06-13-2007, 06:44 AM by fonzi.)
06-13-2007, 06:43 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31

Black Smurf Wrote:
Rhapsody Guru Wrote:Uh... by the way. Will Penumbra Overture Episode 2's boxed edition contain the Windows, Linux AND Mac versions of the program? That would be so sweet! I'd love to see the penguin logo on the box!

Yeah, that really would be nice! Since Urkle said (in another thread) all further episodes will be released simulaneously for all platforms that should be possible. I'd love to the the Mac logo on the box! Smile

Well, we hope to be able to release them on one CD, but it depends on the publisher.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
06-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Website Find
kriko Offline

I tried to buy linux version, but it seems that my card is not supported neither by pay-pal. However I can make transactions into foreign countries via online banking, is there a way to buy linux version by depositing money onto Frictional Games Store and then download linux version?
Thanks.

EDIT: I just reviewed my card and it seems I can buy online with "SecureCode" marked shops. Does someone know such shop selling penubra for linux?
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2007, 10:41 AM by acropol.)
07-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

You can transfer money to your paypal account from your bank account and then pay using the paypal funds instead of the credit card.

Sorry there is no other shop selling the Linux version!
07-20-2007, 10:45 AM
Website Find
kriko Offline

Thanks, but it seems like paypal doesn't support banks in my country for adding founds.
07-20-2007, 11:17 AM
Find
kriko Offline

Wouldn't be better to make separate linux installer like ID software does? I bought doom 3, quake 4 (box versions) and then downloaded linux installer - best solution. That way I could get penumbra (box version) from local store.

EDIT: useless too, seems like noone in slovenia sells boxed versions.
(This post was last modified: 07-20-2007, 01:17 PM by acropol.)
07-20-2007, 01:11 PM
Find
Gemini Offline

Threads: 2

Cool news !

Glad to see that some teams consider the alternative and helps up get rid of Windows.

Hope you will carry on in this way ;-) Just bought my copy that I would never have bought if windows only.
09-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Find
Rhapsody Guru Offline

Threads: 5

Urkle Wrote:
Black Smurf Wrote:

Well, we hope to be able to release them on one CD, but it depends on the publisher.

Hey... what about Paradox interactive? Will they be releasing a triple OS (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux) boxed version of Penumbra: Black Plague?

kriko Wrote:Wouldn't be better to make separate linux installer like ID software does? I bought doom 3, quake 4 (box versions) and then downloaded linux installer - best solution. That way I could get penumbra (box version) from local store.

Ah... that isn't very fun at all. We gotta tout all the OS versions in order to have the Linux and Mac logos on the box. Sorry.

Guru
10-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Website Find
kriko Offline

Quote:
kriko Wrote:Wouldn't be better to make separate linux installer like ID software does? I bought doom 3, quake 4 (box versions) and then downloaded linux installer - best solution. That way I could get penumbra (box version) from local store.

Ah... that isn't very fun at all. We gotta tout all the OS versions in order to have the Linux and Mac logos on the box. Sorry.

Guru

I haven't said anything about logos on the box, ID releases boxed versions just for windows. Separate installer is best solution as I see (and cheapest, than printing on box linux logos).
(This post was last modified: 10-01-2007, 06:26 PM by acropol.)
10-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Find