Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

New Monsters?
Juggerdan Offline

Threads: 6
RE: New Monsters?

Sort of humanoid creatures, like the one I mentioned, I think that a humanoid mutant would explain what could have happened to the people occupying the mines so many years ago. There would be really scary things down there. Chase sequences will really spice the horror and suspense up, the thrill of being chased really adds to the game. I also like the idea of hiding from the monsters too.
There should be a giant spider, that the player has to fight, the player can get caught in the webs, and maybe can be killed in a boss-fight sequence, where it has to be light on fire with a oil lamp or something like that. Or fighting a monster that you have to kill, by crushing them with a boulder. But the idea of keeping the monsters in explainable limits might be a good idea, although there are many horrors that are unknown, we humans mainly fear the unknown.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2007, 07:45 AM by Woodyâ„¢.)
10-10-2007, 05:28 AM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Someone has caught my idea! Wink

Juggerdan Wrote:There should be a giant spider, that the player has to fight
Scraper Wrote:My suggestion is that there could be few bigger spiders.

10-10-2007, 04:42 PM
Website Find
Juggerdan Offline

Threads: 6

Scraper Wrote:Someone has caught my idea! Wink

Juggerdan Wrote:There should be a giant spider, that the player has to fight
Scraper Wrote:My suggestion is that there could be few bigger spiders.

It’s a good idea, it only makes sense that there would be larger spiders, because of the sheer size of the hatchling spiders. Besides a giant spider-type creature would make for a notable chase sequence, or boss battle. But there shouldn’t be very many giant spiders though. Spiders are very cannibalistic, therefore the spiders that are the biggest, are the ones that ate the most. Perhaps the idea of small cave-worms or smaller rock-worms that can be beaten to death. I think that pushing big boulders on enemies would be a good way to kill them as well, I would like to see more of that.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2007, 06:46 AM by Woodyâ„¢.)
10-11-2007, 06:40 AM
Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14

Finaly I found a video I saw in past where is captured this humanoid monster:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC_ENUXKmCQ
I think it is before techdemo comes out.

edit: I find in Tdemo a texture of a propably dead man. I dont remember the name of that file. It was propably "Corpses". Maybe it is that deadman's head texture.
(This post was last modified: 11-07-2007, 10:57 PM by packz.)
11-07-2007, 10:44 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

The tech demo has alot of weird files that were never used (sadly, no map files)

If you look carefully at where the 'The Hunter' is shown in that video; you'll realize it's none other than the first level of the tech demo! Missing the blood+bookcase, but other whys exactly the same.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
11-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Find
Klayman Offline

Threads: 14

I don't think they don't use it because one member of the team left. Maybe it had very bad animations or it wasn't as scary as it looks like. Maybe they created it just for this screenshot so we will be afraid of meeting it in game (which has worked for me).
11-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Ain't this Hunter thing been beated to death already? If you wanna see it, why don't you just make the animations for it, if the files for it already exists, and but it into some sort of mini-mod?

11-10-2007, 12:04 PM
Website Find
Leon S. Kenndey Offline

Threads: 0

http://www.gamersblogs.com/images/galler...77_mid.jpg

That monster killed Phillip. Am i right?

P.S. Я русский! ( I am Russian ) Русские отзовитесь!!! Вместе веселее!
11-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Find
AdamP Offline

Threads: 3

i dont recall seeing that in the files, there is a corpse but i dont think that is it...
My theory is they created something so scary so incredibly terrifying that, to release it could have dire consequences. think heart attack victims, long term damage, shell shock... this is how they lost the team member, he is living in an insane asylum now, and they dare not let this creature to the public... the result would be unthinkable! I salute you frictional games for your duty to the public by putting this creature silently, safely away.
11-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Find
Dogar Offline

Threads: 2

Heh, that has to be the most beautifully spinned bullshit excuse for game content removal that I've ever read. Frictional should pick you up as their PR guy. Tongue
11-27-2007, 06:13 AM
Find