Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Bought Penumbra collection a few years back from the site- steam code?
Bouc Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Bought Penumbra collection a few years back from the site- steam code?

Hi all,

I've been a huge Frictional Games fan for ages. Way back when, I bought the Penumbra collection (overture, black plague, requiem). It came as a single dmg download. I was wondering- is it possible to activate those games on Steam? There's no serial or anything in the dmg. I already bought overture on Steam because I forgot I actually owned it, but I'd like to not need to buy black plague again.
11-14-2011, 11:15 PM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Bought Penumbra collection a few years back from the site- steam code?

No, you can't activate games bought from Frictional Games Store in Steam. However, they come DRM free.

11-14-2011, 11:17 PM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Bought Penumbra collection a few years back from the site- steam code?

You could always go into your Steam Game Library and go up to "Games" and pick "Add non-steam game to library". I did this for MY Penumbras, Doom 3, and Halo: CEs =]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2011, 03:46 AM by Statyk.)
11-15-2011, 03:46 AM
Find
Bouc Offline

Threads: 1

Thanks guys. I actually added it to Steam as a non-Steam app right now. However, when I try to run it, it asks me for a serial. I don't remember having to enter one when I first played this—I just downloaded the game off the site (I think once you bought it, you got your own special URL to download it). There's only a Penumbra License rtf in the main folder, but it's the user license agreement thing. I'm so confused!
11-16-2011, 03:54 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

The serial is in the receipt email, or on shelf.frictionalgames.com if you login using the order number from the receipt. There is also a link to esellerate to retrieve a lost order number, in case you don't have the receipt.
11-16-2011, 07:17 AM
Website Find
BlueFury Offline

Threads: 30

maybe you could wait for another steam sale, the entire pack was only 5 bucks on the halloween sale
11-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Find