Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4.08 Average
The Machine
Dyloo Offline

Threads: 3
RE: The Machine

(12-09-2011, 01:43 AM)kman Wrote: ok... this is going to sound ridiculous but i STILL can't find the painting Sad i updated to version 1.0.5, it gave me the hint in the library, but i can't find any painting, i've literally looked over that entire area and there isn't any paintings that i can pick up or move. can you take a screenshot of EXACTLY where it is so i can know if there is some bug going on or if i'm just really really stupid?
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011120900002.jpg]

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011120900001.jpg]

I hope that it's just a problem with your installation, or you just have missed it. Send me a PM, when your problem isn't solved - I'll try to help you as good as I can!
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the game Smile

"May the cogwheels and barrels be with you, bros!"
12-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Find
WookieMang Offline

oh found it looking through one of my earlier vids d_d
turns out having a latern really makes all the difference in finding stuff

pretty good mod

ill upload my playthrough with commentary later

Check out my videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/99Daxc
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2011, 11:42 PM by WookieMang.)
12-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Find
Taylordboii Offline

Threads: 1

(12-09-2011, 05:51 PM)Dyloo Wrote:
(12-09-2011, 01:43 AM)kman Wrote: ok... this is going to sound ridiculous but i STILL can't find the painting Sad i updated to version 1.0.5, it gave me the hint in the library, but i can't find any painting, i've literally looked over that entire area and there isn't any paintings that i can pick up or move. can you take a screenshot of EXACTLY where it is so i can know if there is some bug going on or if i'm just really really stupid?
Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011120900002.jpg]

Spoiler below!
[Image: 2011120900001.jpg]

I hope that it's just a problem with your installation, or you just have missed it. Send me a PM, when your problem isn't solved - I'll try to help you as good as I can!
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the game Smile

"May the cogwheels and barrels be with you, bros!"
I downloaded 1.0.5 version, so does that mean I have to restart from the
beginning? becuz I can't find the letter telling you a about the
picture, and the picture isn't there.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011, 07:07 AM by Taylordboii.)
12-10-2011, 07:04 AM
Find
WookieMang Offline

but yeah i pretty much had the same issue, the picture isn't there in the screenshots above
I downloaded the newest ver too, started with the newest ver

tbh thats just bad scripting

so guess im just gonna miss out on the end

Check out my videos --> http://www.youtube.com/user/99Daxc
12-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

No, it's not bad scripting. I think what the problem is is that he didn't include the picture entity with the rest of the files. It has nothing to do with scripting.

Posting Freak
12-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Website Find
Dyloo Offline

OHHH! What a pity...
Guys, here's a link to "picture of nina" item. Just put it in your Entities folder (in The machine main folder),
Also, if you don't want to start from the beggining, you can edit your custom_story_settings.cfg file so it will just load the final map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?467ur04hlt3dile

Please, let me know if everything is fixed now...

Sincerely,
Mr Paul...

Just kiddin... Dyloo Tongue

12-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Find
downquark Offline

Threads: 0

I had the same problem with the painting. I even tried replaying from my last save to see if maybe I missed it somewhere, which actually just punished me for running around and wasting oil (brute killed me :).
I got the missing file just now and quickly replayed the whole thing, but I really did not mind since the mod is really awesome. The falling cogwheel scared me the second time around, too. Monster appearances were nicely scripted and I loved the puzzles, which were lots of fun to solve. You did a good job with explaining everything (I only stalled once in the sewer - thought that the brick near the candle was moldy bread, so I wasted some time. IDEK). The music was cool, too.
BTW, when I played the second time I noticed that the 10 pillars area can't be opened unless you touch the Zeppelin (did I spell it right?) door and let the monster break it.
Oh, and I was also wondering if it's possible to escape the Justine monster that breaks the door to the room with the cell key. I hid from him, but he wasn't leaving, so I just let him kill me.
I am glad that I was able to finish this. Great mod. :)
12-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Find
Dyloo Offline

(12-10-2011, 02:08 PM)downquark Wrote: I had the same problem with the painting. I even tried replaying from my last save to see if maybe I missed it somewhere, which actually just punished me for running around and wasting oil (brute killed me Smile.
I got the missing file just now and quickly replayed the whole thing, but I really did not mind since the mod is really awesome. The falling cogwheel scared me the second time around, too. Monster appearances were nicely scripted and I loved the puzzles, which were lots of fun to solve. You did a good job with explaining everything (I only stalled once in the sewer - thought that the brick near the candle was moldy bread, so I wasted some time. IDEK). The music was cool, too.
BTW, when I played the second time I noticed that the 10 pillars area can't be opened unless you touch the Zeppelin (did I spell it right?) door and let the monster break it.
Oh, and I was also wondering if it's possible to escape the Justine monster that breaks the door to the room with the cell key. I hid from him, but he wasn't leaving, so I just let him kill me.
I am glad that I was able to finish this. Great mod. Smile
Thanks a lot! I understand, that you got the Painting and finished the game, true?
Cool! Finally, everything is OK. I't took me about three months to make it, so your feedback is really important to me.

As for questions:
Quote:BTW, when I played the second time I noticed that the 10 pillars area can't be opened unless you touch the Zeppelin (did I spell it right?) door and let the monster break it.
Yes, but the solution for "Bulkheads" quest is written in the letter near the bulkheads. A lot of people didn't notice it!

Quote:Oh, and I was also wondering if it's possible to escape the Justine monster that breaks the door to the room with the cell key. I hid from him, but he wasn't leaving, so I just let him kill me.
Well, it's really hard, but you can escape the same way as the way you get there - by the trapdoor. Just use the boxes!

Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2011, 02:34 PM by Dyloo.)
12-10-2011, 02:33 PM
Find
downquark Offline

Yes, I finished the game. The painting was the last thing I needed.
There were no problems aside from the painting. I didn't even run out of oil, which was a good thing. :) I hate running around without the lantern, it annoys me.

Quote:Yes, but the solution for "Bulkheads" quest is written in the letter near the bulkheads. A lot of people didn't notice it!
I was actually surprised when I did everything the same way as I had done the first time, but the gate remained closed (I didn't try to access the Zeppelin because I knew I did not have to, yet). After going back and forth a few times I figured that maybe I have to get the Zeppelin door open before I can progress, so I had the monster break the door, then pulled the UDU levers again, which reset my sanity and opened the gate.

Quote:Well, it's really hard, but you can escape the same way as the way you get there - by the trapdoor. Just use the boxes!
I see. I tried doing that first because the barricaded door looked very suspicious, but got bored really fast and figured that maybe I actually have to go out through the door.

This is now one of my favorite custom stories. I guess I'll be lurking around in case you decide to make another one.
12-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Find
Technobrain Offline

This custom story is a new amazing mod, really nice work, good puzzles, scary moments, and not too short! Really grat. Wink
12-10-2011, 04:21 PM
Find