Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

Well, that was the first story teaser which was released, what, a year ago? I wouldn't be surprised if the story kept changing quite a bit after that. I think that little story snippet was more meant to reflect the general mood of the game, rather than give a precise information on where Oswald is and where the machine is Wink
(This post was last modified: 03-03-2013, 11:05 AM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
03-03-2013, 11:04 AM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

Huh. The forum bugged. It said I had posted, but nothing showed up. Here is the rest of my post.

(03-03-2013, 10:27 AM)Deep One Wrote: I'm sure that we'll get fresh air more often than just at the beginning of the game... Some interview told that player

will use streets to move between different locations. So I highly doubt that he'll just wake up and spend rest of the game

inside his factory.

This also sounds really cool, but at the same time I highly doubt Oswald is going to leave the factory only to go back inside once he knows there definitely is some lethal monster in there. I believe that once we move deeper into the factory, going back out will no longer be an option or we become trapped, and we notice the presence of creatures hunting us down.

In that case, I wonder what drives him to enter the factory and what keeps him coming back. Thinking about the forementioned, perhaps all we know at this point is that the factory is his and he feels the need to explore something that is his yet something he has no clue about. We might also feel motivated by the fact that something is fishy about it and feel responsible, thus entering and investigating if there is anything that can be done about it.

The latter can be a little more puzzling. If he learns that the place is very dangerous and then decides to go back inside, I wonder what would motivate him to do so. Furthermore, he seems very ill, so something must be forcing him to go on. What, though?

(03-03-2013, 10:51 AM)Deep One Wrote: Actually website doesn't say that machine roars woke him up. He just wakes up and somewhere beneath him, an engine splutters, coughs, roars into life...
But why machine starts exactly at that moment, I don't know. Or maybe it's something symbolical and doesn't need to be taken too seriously.

I do know the terrifying noise did not actually wake him up and that it roared into life shortly after waking up, but he does not seem to move that far, or even from his own room, before hearing the noise. Also, since he keeps having nightmares about the machine, he might have heard the noises during his sleep and have them influence his mind enough to generate a nightmare. Though this can also be him having flashbacks of something going horribly wrong during the time he cannot remember.

(03-03-2013, 11:04 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Well, that was the first story teaser which was released, what, a year ago? I wouldn't be surprised if the story kept changing quite a bit after that. I think that little story snippet was more meant to reflect the general mood of the game, rather than give a precise information on where Oswald is and where the machine is Wink

I agree. They lately revealed that the game was not originally planned to be a big game, and now that it has grown so much bigger, a lot of things may have changed and not just the game's length.

It is good to have speculation back in action in the thread!

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
03-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Find
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9

(03-03-2013, 11:16 AM)Diz Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 11:04 AM)Hirnwirbel Wrote: Well, that was the first story teaser which was released, what, a year ago? I wouldn't be surprised if the story kept changing quite a bit after that. I think that little story snippet was more meant to reflect the general mood of the game, rather than give a precise information on where Oswald is and where the machine is Wink

I agree. They lately revealed that the game was not originally planned to be a big game, and now that it has grown so much bigger, a lot of things may have changed and not just the game's length.

It is good to have speculation back in action in the thread!

I agree with both of you. All I wanted was speculation to pass some time, and that's what I got!
03-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Find
wubwub Offline
Banned

Threads: 5

when aamfp release ??
03-03-2013, 12:33 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(03-03-2013, 12:33 PM)wubwub Wrote: when aamfp release ??

We don't know. All we got is just speculation and very little hints. All we know is that it's going to be released AROUND Q2, not in Q2.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Find
Diz Offline

Threads: 4

That does not necessarily exclude in Q2, does it?

Such an exciting feeling to know that it more or less is finished and being tweaked at the moment. Knowing that it is practically ready and right around the corner almost makes me shiver!

Radidsh is my alternate name. Hungry for horror games? Check out my channel!
03-03-2013, 12:45 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-03-2013, 09:58 AM)Kilbride Studios Wrote: I'm Really Fucking Sorry for sounding like a hairy-arsed docker after twelve pints, it takes place in 1899, The only guns around that time were Flintlocks, Percussion firearms and Single Shot rifles. now back on topic please.

PS I Highly fucking doubt that they will add weapons and spaceships. read the description on the site. 1899, London. Now stop talking Completely different off topic non-amnesia related stuff.

PSS I'm Really fucking sorry for my language.

PSSS Amnesia would not be amnesia if weapons were added.

lol

just ask monsteregghead he knows

Posting Freak
03-03-2013, 12:56 PM
Website Find
Gilligan's Hell Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 17

(03-03-2013, 12:56 PM)Kman Wrote:
(03-03-2013, 09:58 AM)Kilbride Studios Wrote: I'm Really Fucking Sorry for sounding like a hairy-arsed docker after twelve pints, it takes place in 1899, The only guns around that time were Flintlocks, Percussion firearms and Single Shot rifles. now back on topic please.

PS I Highly fucking doubt that they will add weapons and spaceships. read the description on the site. 1899, London. Now stop talking Completely different off topic non-amnesia related stuff.

PSS I'm Really fucking sorry for my language.

PSSS Amnesia would not be amnesia if weapons were added.

lol

just ask monsteregghead he knows

Yeah he's from the fucking future

The International Narcotics Traffic
03-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Yeah, but MonsterEggHead is a worldwide known troll in the future. He was nominated troll in 2009, and was winner in 2019.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
03-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-03-2013, 06:38 AM)Zaari Wrote: We should just have spaceships in AAMFP.

Here's a great one:
Spoiler below!
[Image: starship-enterprise.jpg]
EDIT: ALSO FG SHOULD SCRAP OSWALD MANDUS, NEW MAIN CHARACTER'S NAME IS JENNIFER LAWRENCE

AAMFP would be the biggest selling game of all time if Jennifer Lawrence was the protagonist... *drools*

[Image: luv.gif]
03-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Find