Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Fanpage

I'll throw it up on the existing AMFP discussion thread.

03-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Find
SquigPie Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [www.nextfrictionalgame.com] Amnesia Discussion

(03-02-2012, 04:37 AM)Kein Wrote: Lee
Spoiler below!

Quote:I've never seen a sane person call a visual novel a game.
Quote: It's something I've experienced on far too many occasions with DE fans already.
Sorry, stopped reading right here. Now things more clearer to me.
There is only two reason why you participate in this convo: you either support and share the position and point of view of another user I was talking to or you just arguing for the sake or arguing, to "put someone's on his place", to "show him". Since you implied you it is not first then I assume it is the second and you are just bored, resident forum troll (especially consider how you avoid the spoiler tags to hide conversation from others, trying to drag someone's else attention to this madness and support you, because you are right; funny how no one bothered, eh?)

Conversation over then.

P.S. "DE fans", eh. You probably never heard of "The Graveyard" and "The Path". Too bad they already gathered audience and respect for their brave new concept (both, especially first, quite similar to DE conceptually) so no one would dare to say those don't deserve to be called games (without looking stupid... oh wait.).
The Graveyard? Isn't that the 10 minute game where you walk to a bench, sit down and listen to a horrible song?

Also, this thread is horrible. Members bullying members. Flamewars. Trolls. It's like I'm on /v/!

I mean, shit, I've never read someone outright advise others to add someone to their ignore list! I've never seen a huge amount of users call someone "biggoted" and "close-minded" because he had a different (if somewhat odd) opinion on a developer.
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2012, 09:26 AM by SquigPie.)
03-02-2012, 09:21 AM
Find
Patacorow Offline

Threads: 11

Quote:It's like I'm on /v/!
[Image: ftg8ib.jpg]

Give me a break.
03-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(03-02-2012, 04:37 AM)Kein Wrote: Lee
Quote:I've never seen a sane person call a visual novel a game.
Quote: It's something I've experienced on far too many occasions with DE fans already.
Sorry, stopped reading right here. Now things more clearer to me.
There is only two reason why you participate in this convo: you either support and share the position and point of view of another user I was talking to or you just arguing for the sake or arguing, to "put someone's on his place", to "show him". Since you implied you it is not first then I assume it is the second and you are just bored, resident forum troll (especially consider how you avoid the spoiler tags to hide conversation from others, trying to drag someone's else attention to this madness and support you, because you are right; funny how no one bothered, eh?)

Conversation over then.

P.S. "DE fans", eh. You probably never heard of "The Graveyard" and "The Path". Too bad they already gathered audience and respect for their brave new concept (both, especially first, quite similar to DE conceptually) so no one would dare to say those don't deserve to be called games (without looking stupid... oh wait.).
I do support SquigPie's point of view, but I was not clinging to it. Even if I did enjoy Dear Esther, I would have found some other way to defend it than with Oh nobody understands it but we. I'm arguing because I feel like sharing my point of view, not because I am trolling. If I was a troll, I would be actually insulting you and picking apart your grammar and whatnot. I am not using spoiler tags because I don't believe they are very relevant. There's nothing private about our conversation and we certainly aren't spoiling anything. I am leaving both you and me showing.

I've heard of The Graveyard and, apart from its unacceptable technical problems like terrible lag and missing player models, I played The Path. The Path has at least minimal interactivity, even though it's still a pile of trash and the consequence for that interactivity is a cutscene involving rape and some rooms in a house that appear depending on whether or not you look at certain things. That isn't brave, though. Brave doesn't pander to people boring enough to enjoy slowly walking through an unnaturally bright wood with shit music playing. Brave panders to actually new, experimental concepts involving gameplay, not lazy ones that throw gameplay in the gutter in favor of nothing.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
03-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Website Find
Sebatiger Offline

Threads: 9

It seems everyone is suddenly mad at the guy who was working the hardest on the ARG. Lol.

Y u mad
03-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Find
Tiiwh Offline

Threads: 6

Looking forward to it, can't wait! Blush

[Image: deaceaf76907.gif]
03-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Find
Vesanic Offline

Threads: 1

Maybe it'll be a machine turning men into pigs ? :3

If one of you needs a voice for a custom story, contact me:

romain_hammond@hotmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/Vesanique
03-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Find
Need4Power Offline

Threads: 1

(03-02-2012, 03:49 PM)Vesanic Wrote: Maybe it'll be a machine turning men into pigs ? :3
Or pigs into men Big Grin

03-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(03-02-2012, 01:29 PM)Sebatiger Wrote: It seems everyone is suddenly mad at the guy who was working the hardest on the ARG. Lol.

Y u mad
1. No one cares how hard you worked on the ARG. You wasted a few days staring at random strings of numbers and letter to find a concept art that probably would have been released in a few weeks anyways had it not been found then. Congrats.

2. We're mad at you because you won't SHUT THE HELL UP. I don't get how you don't get this yet, but this thread was actually made for speculation, if anything I'm surprised people didn't get mad that it was taken over by the ARG.

3. If you're trollin' I will be so mad. Somad.

Posting Freak
03-02-2012, 04:13 PM
Website Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

(03-02-2012, 04:13 PM)kman Wrote:
(03-02-2012, 01:29 PM)Sebatiger Wrote: It seems everyone is suddenly mad at the guy who was working the hardest on the ARG. Lol.

Y u mad
1. No one cares how hard you worked on the ARG. You wasted a few days staring at random strings of numbers and letter to find a concept art that probably would have been released in a few weeks anyways had it not been found then. Congrats.

2. We're mad at you because you won't SHUT THE HELL UP. I don't get how you don't get this yet, but this thread was actually made for speculation, if anything I'm surprised people didn't get mad that it was taken over by the ARG.

3. If you're trollin' I will be so mad. Somad.

Correct.
He don't know that he's not the only one who worked hard on something.
I translated Penumbra Requiem to german, reworked the Amnesia german lang and announced a texture mod.
Look all the people who made custom stories. I'm sure, this is even hard work.
Nobody find you mad, but since the ARG was over, you still posted meaningless posts.
This thread was actually made for discussion, to inform people about something emerging...
03-02-2012, 05:05 PM
Find