Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
The Rock Worm Offline

Threads: 83
RE: What do you think will be in Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs?

(05-13-2012, 05:14 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 04:03 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: 5: Both Penumbra and Amnesia 1 were H.P. Lovecraft style stories/universe. I would like to the Lovecraft Universe in the next game. Now I've so far have not read any Lovecraft book, but the Call of Cthulhu LCG does show off a lot of Lovecraft monsters and elements that would easily fit in these games.
I don't get what you mean by "I would like to the Lovecraft Universe"? Also how can you say you know about the Lovecraft universe when you have just played a card game?
I'm not saying I know the Lovecraft Universe that well because I've not read his books, but the card game uses the organizations, monsters, entities, and themes (some of which is in Penumbra/Amnesia 1) that greatly interests me/wants me to know more. Having a game(s) based off of his novels I think would be fun and scary. I know I can't get everything about his stories from a card game, but it did introduce me to just how much is in Lovecraft's world.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2012, 05:52 AM by The Rock Worm.)
05-13-2012, 05:47 AM
Find
FlyingFruitcake Offline

Threads: 4

I would like to see more different monsters, not only the Grunt one.

Always watch your back...
05-13-2012, 11:09 AM
Find
Leeeyam Offline

Threads: 22

There is already an A:AMFP discussion thread on the forum.

05-13-2012, 01:05 PM
Find
Solitary Walker Offline

Threads: 9

(05-13-2012, 01:05 PM)Leeeyam Wrote: There is already an A:AMFP discussion thread on the forum.

There isnt one?

Disregard Everything; Acquire Aesthetics
05-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-13-2012, 05:47 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
(05-13-2012, 04:03 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: 5: Both Penumbra and Amnesia 1 were H.P. Lovecraft style stories/universe. I would like to the Lovecraft Universe in the next game. Now I've so far have not read any Lovecraft book, but the Call of Cthulhu LCG does show off a lot of Lovecraft monsters and elements that would easily fit in these games.
I don't get what you mean by "I would like to the Lovecraft Universe"? Also how can you say you know about the Lovecraft universe when you have just played a card game?
I'm not saying I know the Lovecraft Universe that well because I've not read his books, but the card game uses the organizations, monsters, entities, and themes (some of which is in Penumbra/Amnesia 1) that greatly interests me/wants me to know more. Having a game(s) based off of his novels I think would be fun and scary. I know I can't get everything about his stories from a card game, but it did introduce me to just how much is in Lovecraft's world.
He has no novels, only short stories.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2012, 02:50 PM by Bridge.)
05-13-2012, 02:49 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(05-13-2012, 05:47 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote:
Amnesia and Penumbra are already heavily inspired by Lovecraft's works, which is apparent in many ways. But if you are looking for an entirely Lovecraft based game, there is one, it's called Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
05-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

I think Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs may or may not have some of these ideas listed here:

1. Lantern/Flashlight Hybrid.

For this, I think the new game should have like something like a combination of a lantern and a flashlight. Like some lanterns back in the day that shine light infront of you, but in shape and held like a lantern. It looks like a older version of a modern day Red/Yellow/Green street light.

2. A monster made of steampunk-ish machinery.

Since the games plot is going to be around a machine that comes to life, maybe there will be a humanoid, robotic, steampunk looking monster that has been manufactured by the dark machine itself.
Or maybe another monster that looks like someone took a pig, man, and machine to be sewn and bolted together, into a morbid combination of a nightmare.

3. Game takes place inside and out of a factory or slaughterhouse.

As judging by the content we see. I think AAMFP (Amnesia A Machine For Pigs) will take place at the main character's factory, which could be a slaughterhouse... and maybe at the main character's home itself. (Which could be a mansion, or he lives at his factory.)
Also, maybe you might visit a church in the game. As shown in some of the current content revealed.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
05-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Find
cantremember Offline

Threads: 29

Like above post, I'm not really into steampunk but I want some monster that's made of human and pig parts sewn together. A pig-top with human legs that goes after you, and a human head attached to a pig body going like "Please help me" or "Please kill me!".
05-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(05-13-2012, 07:10 PM)cantremember Wrote: Like above post, I'm not really into steampunk but I want some monster that's made of human and pig parts sewn together. A pig-top with human legs that goes after you, and a human head attached to a pig body going like "Please help me" or "Please kill me!".
Ever play Manhunt?

DamascusRose Wrote:Amnesia and Penumbra are already heavily inspired by Lovecraft's works, which is apparent in many ways. But if you are looking for an entirely Lovecraft based game, there is one, it's called Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth.

If only it weren't so buggy and had a good ending. Still one of my favorites though; really great game.
(This post was last modified: 05-13-2012, 07:30 PM by Bridge.)
05-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Find
GingerMonster Offline

Threads: 0

More diverse monsters, same quality if not better of immersion (ambient sounds, ect), lantern hopefully, more puzzles, grotesque rooms!
05-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Find