Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion Topic Part 1
Deep One Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 9
RE: Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Discussion

That has been bothering me too... I hope they have enough time to make new models and textures.
08-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

Threads: 0

(08-22-2012, 07:43 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote:bcause so far it looks nothing like concept art, from the teaser
There's only one scene in the trailer that has a concept art associated with it and thats the church with the pigs on the cross. They look pretty similar to me, the main difference is in the lighting and colors. The concept art has much more saturated colors and is lit more brightly, while the actual scene looks much darker. I prefer the game version actually - I wouldn't mind at all if the final game turned out to look darker and grittier than the concept arts in general...Big Grin
Spoiler below!
[Image: chapel_1.jpg] [Image: 1znv5oo.jpg]
no. everything looks much different from concept art . stairs, windows and so on.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 03:19 AM by Oswald Mandus.)
08-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Find
GrAVit Offline

Threads: 15

Remember that these are most likely far from the finished version. It's likely that they will be changing some/most of the textures and creating new models.

08-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

yes it hard to make a game from scratch in such small team and short time so i understand why they arent doing that.
08-22-2012, 08:06 PM
Find
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Quote: no. everything looks much different from concept art . stairs, windows and so on. almost everything is from TDD. im staring to lose hope for this game. [Image: undecided.gif] guess ill just wait for frictionals next project and Rapture
Remember, concept art is not meant to be a precise blueprint the level designer has to follow. If they changed stuff from how it was in the concept, you can be certain they had a good reason for it (I'm not talking about the old models here, I mean lighting, stairs, doors, general layout of the room etc.).

Many issues with a level/ room only become apparent when you actually play the level and oftentimes something that looked great in 2D doesn't work at all when you walk through it in 3D. So have some faith in the professionals from thechineseroom here - it's a bit unfair to say you're "losing hope for this game" simply because you saw a bunch of reused models, don't you think?

Quote:yes it hard to make a game from scratch in such small team and short time so i understand why they arent doing that.
Also, this. Go and create some 3D models yourself before you start nagging. Wink It takes a LOT of time, and it's completely understandable that they would create the ones where they don't already have an older version (like all the outdoor stuff) first before replacing those that already exist.
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2012, 08:15 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
08-22-2012, 08:11 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

(08-22-2012, 08:11 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote: no. everything looks much different from concept art . stairs, windows and so on. almost everything is from TDD. im staring to lose hope for this game. [Image: undecided.gif] guess ill just wait for frictionals next project and Rapture
Remember, concept art is not meant to be a precise blueprint the level designer has to follow. If they changed stuff from how it was in the concept, you can be certain they had a good reason for it (I'm not talking about the old models here, I mean lighting, stairs, doors, general layout of the room etc.).

Many issues with a level/ room only become apparent when you actually play the level and oftentimes something that looked great in 2D doesn't work at all when you walk through it in 3D. So have some faith in the professionals from thechineseroom here - it's a bit unfair to say you're "losing hope for this game" simply because you saw a bunch of reused models, don't you think?

Quote:yes it hard to make a game from scratch in such small team and short time so i understand why they arent doing that.
Also, this. Go and create some 3D models yourself before you start nagging. Wink It takes a LOT of time, and it's completely understandable that they would create the ones where they don't already have an older version (like all the outdoor stuff) first before replacing those that already exist.
i always remain skeptical about stuff. and yes im a complainer
08-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-22-2012, 07:59 PM)wtfomg Wrote:
(08-22-2012, 07:43 PM)Hirnwirbel Wrote:
Quote:bcause so far it looks nothing like concept art, from the teaser
There's only one scene in the trailer that has a concept art associated with it and thats the church with the pigs on the cross. They look pretty similar to me, the main difference is in the lighting and colors. The concept art has much more saturated colors and is lit more brightly, while the actual scene looks much darker. I prefer the game version actually - I wouldn't mind at all if the final game turned out to look darker and grittier than the concept arts in general...Big Grin
Spoiler below!
[Image: chapel_1.jpg] [Image: 1znv5oo.jpg]
no. everything looks much different from concept art . stairs, windows and so on. almost everything is from TDD. im staring to lose hope for this game. Undecided guess ill just wait for frictionals next project and Rapture
I think it is very premature, (and immature) to say that you are losing hope for this game based on this one picture. First of all, for all we know they could be totally different parts of the game, and you only assume this picture is meant to look like the scene from the concept art because of a few similarities. It could also be just a scene thrown together for the teaser itself, we don't know. Also, would it really be so bad if the old entities are used? Even if this scene looks like something out of a custom story, we know that the main Amnesia story will be better than any custom story, because there's tons more effort and time put into it, not to mention it's being created entirely by professionals. I can still play through the main Amnesia storyline and be amazed at how well it's designed compared to any and all custom stories I have ever played.

Also, have you even seen the other scenes shown in that teaser? There's tons more original assets in those and you are 'losing hope for this game' because one picture doesn't look good enough for you. You should rethink this

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-22-2012, 10:39 PM by Damascus Rose.)
08-22-2012, 10:39 PM
Find
Oswald Mandus Offline

nah i just meant to say that i was looking forward to this less than i was before. sorry about the nonsense i wrote

but i still hold my views. and i dont think its wrong to be concerned how the game will turn out if i didnt like what i saw in the teaser whatsoever . its great that you are all positive and optimistic. but thats my opinion
Quote: I think it is very premature, (and immature) to say that you are losing hope for this game based on this one picture.
when did i say that im losing hope based on this picture? .
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 04:53 AM by Oswald Mandus.)
08-23-2012, 03:18 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-23-2012, 03:18 AM)wtfomg Wrote: nah i just meant to say that i was looking forward to this less than i was before. sorry about the nonsense i wrote
Alright, I'm not sure why. A few assets never hurt anybody.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-23-2012, 03:37 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

95% of sequels use assets from the previous games, it's pretty standard.

Posting Freak
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2012, 04:25 AM by Kman.)
08-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Website Find